my body ache's more than it did

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
edited 29. Aug 2009, 11:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
H.ello everyone.
I'm sorry to to complain again.
but my back hips and legs ache more than they did it's like toothache.
when i saw the otho doc in july he did not know what was making my legs ache thats why i have the pain c app in oct.
i phoned my dr but i cannot get a app till 7 sept
i've felt it getting worse as my arms ache and they never used to.
i feel so lazy. we went out with the dogs on our scoota's i give my scoota to a friend so as i can walk for ten minutes then i came home and i vacumed the bunglow.
i just feel i should be doing things as i cannot sit for to long.
i even ache in bed i never did before.
sorry to go on. the naproxen as not helped
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan,

I am sorry your feeling so achy at the moment but your not lazy and mustn't think you are. The 7th does seem a long time away, can you get an urgent one sooner? I hope you soon feel better and though I know what you mean about being lazy I promise you your not. Luv Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, Im sorry you are still feeling so awful, I have had a week of aches and pains I think its a kind of flare. I,m lucky in that I don't go to work at the moment, retired sick, so I just spent the week resting sleeping a lot. Touch wood, I feel better for it, not compleatly but a lot better.

It sounds from your posting as if you have been busy, I know its good to do something and move, but resting is important too. I don't like leaving things undone, but I find if I do them bit by bit, breaking jobs up and sitting down in between. I suppose thats not practical for you, but if it is sometimes, give it a try. I found it hard at first, and the temptation to carry on is still too much sometimes! :roll:

We are nearly at the end of August, so it'll soon be September. Have you tried talking to the secretary and offering to have a last miniute cancellation? That could perhaps hurry it along more. I don't know of anything else to suggest, sorry. Take care Love Sue
  • dachshund
    Options
    Cris and Sue.
    Thank you for replying to my post as you both have your own problem s and pains.
    my dr is retiring and when i go on the 7 sept i might be sorted out has i will have a lady dr.
    i'm looking forward to the pain c in oct.
    thank you for your help.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joan

I have a feeling that the aches and pains are the OA. I sometimes ache all over. Mine does wax and wane though. Probably may not, in time though .........

Perhaps seeing a different doctor in September could well be a very good thing. At least you will be seeing someone who may have new and fresh ideas and if she is younger, be more keen. Your doctor who is retiring is probably pleased to be getting out for a rest, if you know what I mean. :oops:

I do hope that your appointment goes well on the 7th. We build ourselves up so much for these don't we, so I do hope you are not disappointed. Hopefully you have questions to ask and will make sure she listens to you :lol::lol:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Elna.
    thank you for your help.
    i feel when you go to see doc it's like being on a conveyer belt it's in and out has quick as they can.
    i went to see the doc yesterday for a blood pressure check i did not have the nerve to say about my aches and pains as all he says is see when you go to the pain c but i got so fed up this morning that the naproxen is not working and i used to call it my miracle med as it made my legs feel so light now they are heavy and tired.
    sorry to go on. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Joan, I just wondered if you could ask for a double appt with the gp, you would have time to discuss things through, other than that
    I can't offer much help I am afraid, hope things get sorted out and you can get some relief love Jaspercatxx
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi Joan, you aren't going on!!! Pain drags us down, you really need to emphasise to the doc how bad it is. There are lots of things he can prescribe to help you till the pain clinic. Dont let them fob you off. Be strong!!!!

Deb x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat and Deb.
    Thank you for your help. i have to think its my body and if i dont say how i feel they wont know.
    i just come away thinking that was a waist of time and because of feeling worn out i want to cry.
    a nother thing on my mind his january just gone i had to take my dog to the vet has she was not walking right the vet see's her every month as she as a heart murmur.
    he found a lump so he sent her for a scan they found she had cancer of the spleen and liver he said take her home and spoil her the next week i had her put down as she just led down and did not move for the rest of the day.i could not keep her like that i had her when she was 7 weeks old and when she died she was a fortnight of being 14.
    i have another that we rescued when he was a year he's now 9 years old.
    sorry to go on i feel i ve had enough but i've got to be happy there are people worse than me i have nothing to worry about. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Joan a ((( ))) Luv Cris x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    Thank you Cris her name was treacle she was red. i hope everything is going well for you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx