Shed some light please

Options
gazza67
gazza67 Member Posts: 25
edited 29. Aug 2009, 04:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, had an appointment with consultant today told I have RA antibodies in my blood but xrays of joints normal am i being premature in thinking that iam going too be ok.(Have minor pain in knees and fingers but ibuprofen controls it.)Dont mean too sound smug but after reading some of the poor souls posting on here Ive been really worried and still dont know for definite if I have ra or not.Thanks for any help.

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gazza,

Welcome to the Forums and posting.

Can I first reassure you we're not poor souls here, we're generally a happy bunch but occasionally some folks have a bad spell and need some support :wink:

Didn't you ask your Consultant what it meant? I don't want you to feel down but it could mean that you may get RA at a later date - although in saying that RA comes in many strains of severity and your may not be an aggressive type.

Glad the Ibrupofen keeps it under control long may it continue.

Please ask us anything you're not sure of and we'll try to help.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to the site I hope you find it useful.

I have oa so I don't have experience that the others have, who have RA. Glad you've found something to keep your pain controlled.

This is a good place to have a moan and rant without bothering family and friends, to people who know whats going on. I hope we don't sound too unhappy. :shock: Most of us, as Legs said, are just ordinary people leading ordinary lives and like a lot of people we do like to moan sometimes!!! Its often about the forms we have to fill in, the waits for appointments and operations cancelled at the last moment. That gets us down as much as the disease itself. Hopefully, your results will be clear although if not, theirs plenty of help and information out their and here. When you next see your doctor, ask what the tests mean and what he said means. It can all be confusing and a lot to take in. Sometimes it helps to take someone with you. Good Luck Sue :D
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    There are over 200 known forms of arthritis so you've
    a lot to go at. Your consultant should have given you
    more detailed information.
    If you cant get another appointment with him in the near
    future put your queries to his secretary who will pass
    them on to him and hopefully you'll get a reply.
    Secretaries are much under used ways in.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Gaz
    I do understand you not asking questions at the time - I sometimes do the same! It's a mixture of releif anxiety and fear of what they may say for me!
    Serioulsy I would do what Ichabod says or see your GP for information.
    I hope that all is well for you and we will be here for you to talk to if ever you need us
    Toni x
  • dianel
    dianel Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi,
    I was told I had RA in my blood twenty years ago, but it has only really been a problem over the last seven. Whether this is because my lifestyle kept it off I am in the process of trying to work out. My blood no longer shows RA so this will give you an idea of how unpredictable tests can be as can the disease itself.
    I agree with the others, please find out as much as you can about what you've been told and then get on with your life - it may come to nothing if you're lucky.
    As for the "poor souls" - I'm sure I understand how you meant this, but let me tell you the people on here are some of the bravest you'll ever encounter - I hope you never understand why. All best wishes Diane.