THR - Postponed

Options
denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
edited 14. Oct 2009, 15:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
After me posting that I was having my op next week, I saw the anaethetist today and he said there is a problem with the results of the blood tests for my liver so I cant have the operation.
So now I have to go to my GP to get it sorted. I thought if there was going to be a problem it would be related to the heart scan, but looks like I have something else wrong with me now. What next!!!
I had just got my head around it all and accepted that it was going to happen next week, and now its not.
Denise.x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Denise,

I am so sorry that its been put on hold and i really hope they can sort you out quickly and you get a new date soon. Cris x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Oh Denise, that`s rotten. I can`t imagine how you`re feeling. Not only are you not getting your new hip just yet, but you now have the added worry of another possible health problem.

I do remember though before I had my TKR, being told that they will not do the op if there is even the slightest doubt about something. Maybe this will turn out to be a minor hiccup. I do hope so.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    sorry about that bad news ..... but maybe it was good it was spotted - better that it is sorted out now than left. Just tough after all that stress worrying about it and having to undo all the arrangements.

hugs to you ((((((((((()))))))))))))))
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Denise,

So sorry to hear this just when you were psyching yourself up for it. :(

Let's hope it's soon sorted and you can get back on track again. :)

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Denise,

You must be feeling devastated. You get yourself in the right frame of mind for an op, make all the arrangements so that life continues as near normal for those close to you and then to be told that the op is postponed because of a possibility of another problem really would strike you down. You are probably still in shock. I would be, if I had been told that today. I so feel for you. Logically it does make perfect sense but a huge disappointment and upset.

I do hope it all gets sorted soon and the op goes ahead without too much of a wait.

Luv
    Elna x (())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Denise

Just read your post. I'm so sorry for you. You get it in your head that it will all be over soon and then you are deflated.

I hope you get sorted soon. It's just as well they found out otherwise it could have made things much worse for you and delayed your recovery.

I had to go for my assessment yesterday so I fully understand how you must be feeling.

Love trisher x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh Denise!
    You must feel so let down :(
    I hope there is nothing wrong too serious with your liver though. You wouldn't want to be really ill because a problem didn't get spotted i suppose.
    I hope that it can be solved sonn and you go back on the list ASAP
    Take care
    toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Oh I'm so very sorry, don't know what to say, but I hope you don't have to wait too long. Love and best wishes Suexxxxx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    So sorry to hear you've had to have your op postponed after getting all psychologicaly ready for it. The anethatist chould have given you some hint as to what was wrong with your liver function tests. Hopefully it's just a blip, having a glass or 2 of wine can elevate these tests in some people, as can some medications. I do hope you get it sorted out and get back on that list soon. Best of luck
    rita
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh Denise.
    I am sorry to read about the delay when you were so set for the op.You do need to be as tip-top as poss for the op so it is better to be safe than sorry.
    Take care and let us know how things are going

Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hi Denise.
    i'm so sorry for you i understand how your feeling it's a shock.
    i hope every thing is sorted for you soon.
    good luck. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Hi Denise,
    So sorry to hear you have been delayed when you are psyched and ready - that must be very hard to deal with. I do hope you get things sorted quickly and get another date very soon. Take care, Josie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Denise,
    Sorry, I have only just noticed this thread after I posted on the other. (I`ve been away!)
    You must be very disappointed. I hope you getbthings sorted very soon and have a new date soon too. xxx
    NB
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Denise,

I hope you get your liver problem sorted out soon and then the op can be rescheduled.

Try to be positive, I know it's not easy.

Anne xx
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi Denise Nooooooooooooo! You have my heartfelt sympathy; been there done that 3 times :roll: All I can say is pick yourself up and carry on; your op will happen, even if it seems you have a mountain to climb before you get there, everything will work out eventually. Better to be on the safe side. Take care jk
  • denpen
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks to everyone for your coments and good wishes, It has been such a shock to find ther may be a problem with my liver, the only thing that I thought may cause a hiccup was results of the heart scan, but even then I didnt expect there to be anything to worry about with that and I see the cardiologist in a weeks time, so I will find out then about the old ticker.
    I have a docs appoinment next week to discuss the liver thing but I would think I will need to have another blood test, I do hope that the test they did was wrong and its a big mistake. WISHFULL THINKING !!!.
    Thanks again for listening
    Denise.x
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi there Denise
    I am so sorry I have only just just seen your post & am so upset for you. How are you now? I looked to see if there any more recent posts from you re tests first but thought this best way to contact you.
    Thinking of you & hoping you are coping OK
    love Pennie XX
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Denise
    I can't imagine how awful it must be to be all set and prepared for an op and then not have it happen! I have had lots of ops but although when I had most of them, the waiting lists were longer, than they are now, thankfully I have never been let down last minute.
    I really feel for you and hope that it is a minor gliche(sp?) and that you will get your op soon.
    Gillx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, What bad luck, I hope all will soon be put right. I suppose you can console yourself with the fact that at least they didn't go ahead and make thing worse for you. Take good care, love Sue
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I wonder how things are going now too. Any word on how your Liver is now and a new date for your op.
    rita
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi, I also echo what Rita said and hope your ok as well? Cris x
  • denpen
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Thanks so much for thinking about me since the cancellation of my op. I have been poping in and out of the site but not posting as I havent felt as though I could be of any support or help to anyone else because I have so much going on with my own problems.
    I have had 2 more lots of blood tests and yesterday I had a scan of my abdomen so I will have to wait 2 weeks for the results of the scan, although the radiologist said there didnt seem to be anything obvious when she was doing it, so I dont know what will happen now will have to wait see what the doc says when I see him.
    Denise.x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Denise
    Hope you get your results soon and then you can see what the next step is. How are the blood results doing?
    NB
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Denise
    So sorry to hear about your delayed op. At least they will get the other 'hiccups' sorted and out the way. Rather they do that than you go ahead with the op and there are complications.

It must seem like a minefield for you at the moment, but I'm sure everything will work out ok for you. There is light at the end of the tunnel you know. Might not seem it at the mo. Keep positive if you can

luv
    from Joy
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi, hope you get the results and you can move on and have the op. Im now 10 weeks post op THR, cant believe the difference its made. Im swimming 3/4 times a week, upto 30 odd lengths and walking; no sticks :wink: You will have all that to look forward to! Im keeping my fingers crossed; I had 3 cancellations so I know what its like :cry: keep us posted jk