Thermoskin Gloves??

Options
scarlett
scarlett Member Posts: 28
edited 11. Sep 2009, 03:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone got any of these and some feedback please? I have psoriatic arthritis and the pain I get in my hand is around the knuckles and in my thumb and the wrist splint I have doesn't get anywhere near these areas.

Thanks

Scarlett x

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've also looked at these, and would like opinions if anyone has tried them.

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Scarlett,

I have a pair that are made from the same kind of stuff as wet suits and they are fingerless but are quite long so come up just over the first joint. They were made from some stuff beginning with N but I can't remember what that was I'm afraid but could look it up for you? Not sure if they are the ones you mean but they are better than ordinary fingerless gloves and have the added advantage of being much more waterproof, sometimes my hands get wet as well. I think they will help with my cramping hands come winter but haven't had them long enough to be totally sure. They are fairly snug so I think they help with support but that may just be psychological :wink: Take care, Cris
  • tweedie
    tweedie Member Posts: 70
    Options
    scarlett wrote:
    Has anyone got any of these and some feedback please? I have psoriatic arthritis and the pain I get in my hand is around the knuckles and in my thumb and the wrist splint I have doesn't get anywhere near these areas.

Thanks

Scarlett x

Hi,
    I was lucky enough to win a pair of thermoskin gloves in the Arthritis care mag, I have reynards as well as RA , they felt a little strange at first but they do help me a great deal , and now wear them a lot, I have small hands and their small gloves were too long in the fingers but I trimmed them down and they really do help , they support my poor fingers and keep my hands warmer , but they DO help with the arthritic pain in my fingers -- but they did take a little time for me to get used to them -- but I will buy some more --only gripe is why can't they do different colours ? only black -- I suggest you buy one pair to see if you like them as they are quite pricey , I have other gloves that are advertised in the same magazine , they are ok but not as effective as the thermoskin ones.
    Hope this helps
    Joanna
    (tweedie)
    xxxxx :lol:
  • scarlett
    scarlett Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks Joanna for that info it's really helpful, think I will try a pair and see how I get on it's got to be worth it.

Scarlett x
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    Options
    Try Ebay. I usually go there for anything new as prices often much reduced. I bought a pair of said gloves there and do find them helpful - especially for driving and in cold weather. They stretch conveniently to accommodate enlarged joints. (I have OA but badly affected finger and thumb joints so anything is worth trying!)
  • tweedie
    tweedie Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi,
    Glad I could help , I looked on ebay but still find the gloves expensive , but they are worth the money though. Although you will get some odd looks when you wear them too , but also I have found check out staff offer help more readily to pack , :D an added bonus --- although saying that my cheeky GP said that I looked like Michael Jackson !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: and as the nights are pulling in and the cold eather is coming --- go for them , anything that eases our pain helps.
    Joanna
    xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    They were made from some stuff beginning with N but I can't remember what that was I'm afraid but could look it up for you?

Wearing a black glove at the moment. It really does help.

Neoprene, as used in diver/surfer's wetsuits. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-neoprene-rubber.htm
    a020.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    My daughter bought me a pair last week....

They work for me...........in the limited time I've had them.

Seem to give good support in my knuckles and fingers/thumbs.
    Certainly makes using sticks easier.

Rob x
    Roba045.gif