op all done

Options
debbieclap
debbieclap Member Posts: 109
edited 30. Aug 2009, 12:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
I got home at 4pm last night after my THR :D:D Still very sore and aching I spent a night in HDU as my blood pressure was too low :( Glad to be home now and back
Debbie

Comments

• josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    Welcome home! Bet you glad it's all over and done with-well done! Take it easy now you're home and I bet you'll soon be skipping round! Take care, best wishes, Josie :wink:
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Debbie.
    i'm pleased you've had your thr at last.
    you will soon feel less pain and more movement in it. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • golfer
    golfer Member Posts: 20
    Options
    As one of the newest members can I wish you a speedy recovery and ask if you want an entry form for the next London marathon?

Good luck

Chris
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    Take care and glad to hear that your op went well.

How long did they keep you in hospital?

My friend had her hips done and she looks amazing now.

Take care and don't overdo it!

Sharmaine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Deb

I thought of you last Monday!Glad its all over.Now time to recover and enjoy

Take care Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    I`m glad you are home again. take care and look after yourself. Is that 2 hips now?
    NB
  • debbieclap
    Options
    I had op on monday 24th came home on friday 28th so five days I got my hubby and son waiting on me :? :? they are trying so hard and the phone hasn't stopped just want to go to bed and sleep now
    :shock: :shock: Debbie
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Good to hear you're over your op and on the road to recovery. Anyone I know who had a THR has said they feel like a new person now. Best of luck. :D
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    You must be glad to be home, nothing like your own bed. Just take it easy and at your own pace and you will be fine.

Anne
  • debbieclap
    Options
    Hi
    I`m glad you are home again. take care and look after yourself. Is that 2 hips now?
    NB
    hI YES HAD THE FIRST ONE DONE AT THE END OF FEB AND NOW THIS ONE ONLY TWO KNEES TO GO NOW :shock: :shock: sure I will feel better soon
    debbie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    You will be like a new woman literally after all that lot!! :lol:
    How does this time compare to last? (being nosey is case I need to have surgery on other hip after I see surgeon next)
    NB
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    No place like home is there, Debbie? I wish you a speedy recovery and pleased to hear that you were only in hospital a short while and that your bp righted itself fairly quickly.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Well done and hope you have a good recovery now. Are you going to have your knees done as well? Cris x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Debbie

Glad to hear that you are home and well. You are brave; I know that I need my knee doing, but I'm too nervous about it, so have put it off.
    Take care

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    I am so pleased that you are home ok and that all is well.
    You take very good care and let them wait on you.
    I look forward to haering how you are doing over the next weeks when you are able.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • debbieclap
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    You will be like a new woman literally after all that lot!! :lol:
    How does this time compare to last? (being nosey is case I need to have surgery on other hip after I see surgeon next)
    NB
    Hi had more trouble with bloods this time and feel a lot more tiered dont know if its because I only had other op in feb just want to feel normal again all my leg has started to go black think I will get the nurse to check this today when she comes out. In some ways its easier because I can rely on my other hip because I am not in pain with that one.hope this helps
    Debbie
  • debbieclap
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Debbie,

Well done and hope you have a good recovery now. Are you going to have your knees done as well? Cris x

yes eventually I am hoping they will leave me alone for a bit now had enough of hospitals :roll: :roll:
    They think I might be able to put off having my knees done for a bit it's just whether their bit is the same as mine :oops: :oops:
    Debbie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

I do hope its your 'for a bit' time and hey with your hips done maybe your knees will behave better? I do hope so and also that your recovery is quick and that you don't go over do it. Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Welcome back! :D I'm glad you'r home and bet you are too. :wink:
    Take care and don't over-do things. Love Sue :D:D:D
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi and welcome home! Get plenty of rest, as you will be having lots of visitors :wink: Hope youre not in as much pain anymore; my relief when i had my THR was instant. Still cant believe what a difference its made to me. All the best jk
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    Thats great news, take it easy while you have the chance.
    Denise.x