Shop work after THR?

penfactor
penfactor Member Posts: 366
Hi eveyone!
Has anyone any experience or know anyone who has worked in retail and needed a total hip replacement?
My job involved standing and running around all day full-time & I am needing to make a decision as to whether I will be able to do this after my op.
I'd be so grateful to hear from you
love Pennie X

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi how can u decide before u have the op it depends on how u recover surely and sure every one different. not got that far hip only just started to play up. but do not think u should make a big decision before your op as u might feel u want to go back if all goes well. hope some one comes in to help will read with interest any answers u get as work in shop part time and takes some doing some days :(:(
    val
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, Im also wondering that! I had to give up work as I worked in a clothes shop and that involved running up and down 2 flights of stairs :roll: Im hoping to return to work at some point, but i think it will be a more seated arrangement and not standing for long periods; I want to work but i need my new hip to last a while too so I think its finding the balance. All the best jk