holidays

Options
holmesi
holmesi Member Posts: 96
hi peeps,this is to do with work in a roundabout way ,had a letter stating that i had to take holidays this year till april 2010,booked for 1 week a way, not abroad ,phoned work to inform them that i was going as per letter instruction ,only to be told we cant authorise that you are still on the sick ,so i said stop my weeks half pay then cos we have got to get away.no cant do that either,anyway the holiday rota is full so you cant ,i would be on rehab anyway talk about helpful .wish i'd never phoned the bu**ers,I tried to do the right thing by telling them and i get slapped down by them. holmesi

Comments

  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,645
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Holmsi
    What a bunch of dipsticks!!
    What do they expect you to do!
    Just go on holiday anyway.....
    I am shaking my head from side to side in an incredulous manner!
    Toni x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Tell them if they can't accomodate you that you'd like the pay instead. That's what my hubby did and his employers gave him the leave!

    Nx
  • holmesi
    holmesi Member Posts: 96
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Holmsi
    What a bunch of dipsticks!!
    What do they expect you to do!
    Just go on holiday anyway.....
    I am shaking my head from side to side in an incredulous manner!
    Toni x[/quote hi frogmorton& ninakang ,yep they really know how yo kick a person when their down,managers been banging on about ill health retirement since day 10 of sick leave ,dont think they have got a compassionate side at all,could understand if i was going abroad or doing something like skiing or moutain climbing,but its just a break for me and the mrs ,just to get away from these four walls,thanks for the feedback holmesi :cry::cry:
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Apparently these days you are allowed to go on holiday :roll:
  • holmesi
    holmesi Member Posts: 96
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    markc1 wrote:
    Apparently these days you are allowed to go on holiday :roll:
    yep i phoned the union about it ,he was bang out of order saying that,new rules just come in about taking yer holidays as well seems if you are off for long time you can carry them over to following year,thats how i read it anyway[google hmrc v stringer faqs and tell me your thoughts on it ,holmesi :lol::lol:
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    holmesi wrote:
    markc1 wrote:
    Apparently these days you are allowed to go on holiday :roll:
    yep i phoned the union about it ,he was bang out of order saying that,new rules just come in about taking yer holidays as well seems if you are off for long time you can carry them over to following year,thats how i read it anyway[google hmrc v stringer faqs and tell me your thoughts on it ,holmesi :lol::lol:

    Yes holmesi that is also very true,make sure you get them as you can only carry so many days forward into the next year so don't lose 'em. :wink:
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If your sick youre sick....e.g. if youre off with say depression and onsick you can go on holiday on sick not use leave.
    If they are refusing leave check out acas on holidays....its great cos theyre well stitched up!