Horrendous appt on monday - it was poo!

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 24. Sep 2009, 10:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
It was my regular 6monthly consultant visit to the hospital but I spent more time in the carpark trying to find a space than in the department!
When I got there I was told that I was to see the registrar as the consultant was on holiday. Now , I don't mind the fact that he was on his hols as having a break makes people work better in my opinion. But every time I see a registrar its usually a terrible appt! Last time they insisted I had gout as well as RA and Fibro with no gout symptoms!
This time the registrar was terrible. I was in and out of there so fast even the receptionist commented. He didn't listen. My questions regarding my meds and the effect on my pregnancy and the dangers to the baby were dismissed out of hand. I was left feeling really depressed, ignored and uncared for.
When I mentioned that my ankle was giving me a lot of grief and asked him to ultrasound it seeing as he was ultrasounding my hands (which touch wood are doing ok at the moment) he told me that he wasn't good at ankles so he didn't bother. Nice huh?!

I've written a letter to my consultant explaining how i was feeling but I'm not sure it will get any better. Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jenzie

I remember your thread the other day because I replied to it! I am pleased that you have written to your consultant but perhaps you should copy PALS in with the letter too. Something may get done then as they are there to support/protect patients as far as I am aware.

Please do not apologise for the rant. Hope you receive a favourable reply.

Luv
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi got my first app. coming up soon hope get more help than that as need something sorting things just seem to get worse and worse
    val
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    well done for writing the letter, it's not nice when appointments don't go as we planned. don't worry it will get sorted and maybe you will get better care next time. although you should have got it the first time!
    it's not an easy time for you but keep ranting on here if you need to
    suzie x
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Sorry for writing about it again!
    I'm blaming the lack of remembering stuff on my pregnancy - I honestly used to be more intelligent and have a better memory!! Now I have nappy brain already!