checking in

Options
maud48
maud48 Member Posts: 170
edited 24. Sep 2009, 07:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone and hope things aren't too bad for you all. Just checking in as I haven't posted for a while but am still here lurking and reading all the posts.
I'm having a funny sort of week. Yesterday my daughter, 2 month old baby and her husband narrowly escaped a bomb outside his mother's flat in Athens where they were staying. His mother is an MP. They got out 2 minutes before the bomb went off and, carrying the baby, had to step over it in the doorway. She phoned me just afterwards as they were standing barefoot, in shock, in the street. It's reported at: http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100006_24/09/2009_110972.
On the positive side same daughter has just heard today that she's passed her MA from Oxford. I'm so proud of her.
I haven't been too bad although still struggling to come to terms with arthur and some postings recently have really expressed how I feel.
Am doing some work on my laptop which really helps my mental state but not my neck!
Still haven't got my meds sorted and am going to try another GP. Saw my previous one on Monday and asked if amiltiptilyne would help at night as I'm sure some of the pain in my neck is caused by tension, especially as I often wake with a bad headache. He told me it was an antidepressant in the sort of tone of voice as if I was a drug addict asking for a fix and was sometimes used for pain but not the sort of pain I have. He did give me some anti-inflammatories but told me not to take too many as they can cause heart attacks !!!!!!!!!!!! :? :? :?
maudxxxxxx

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, What a shock for you all! It has to be one of the things we dread, these days. I'm so glad your family are all OK, but a bit shocked I should think.

It sounds like the sort of week you'll be glad to see the back of, which is nearly here!

I hope you get things sorted with your GP and have some pain relief that works for you. It can take a while to find something that really works as there are so many different types out there.
    Take care, Love Sue