RIP Wendy Pointer Rhuemy Nurse medway hospital

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 25. Sep 2009, 10:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi has anyone seen the news about three people who died in Italy on their motorbikes?

Well that was my rhumy nurse :shock:
She was a loverly woman who helped me so much and was always there for me! I saw her last in july when i was diagnosed with a deformed right hip.

I expect some other people from the medway area in kent might have known Wendy Pointer.

Gemma

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh gosh, that's awful for you. Just think what her colleagues must be feeling.

All you can do really is send a letter of condolence to them and ask for them to be passed to her family. What must they be feeling too.
    They must be having a dreadful time having to go over to Italy and sorting out all the formalities.

I know what it is like to have that bond with your hospital department. Sometimes it takes awhile to find someone who is on the same wavelength as yourself.

If that happened to me, I would feel so sorry for her colleagues. I know when it happened to me when I was at work. takes you back.

hugs from joy
  • gemmapetken
    gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
    Options
    thanks

I think i will do that!!

Gx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    An article about this terrible news is on the net. You are able to leave a tribute message there should you wish. How awful for all concerned.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm sorry for all the people who know this lady. What a shock it must have been for you all and for her friends and family too. Life can be so unfair. My love to all who knew her both as a nurse and as a friend. Love Sue