Rhmer Nurse rang

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 28. Sep 2009, 12:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

Well following on from my stiff neck. I left a message for my rhmer nurse to ring me as i wasnt happy at all with the pain. Anyway i was really pleased as she rang me back about an hour later. I told her about my neck/shoulders and she said i ned to get some strong tablets from my doctor and try and so as little as possible .. im 24 n im feeling really down now as yet aain arthur attacks :( *cries*

Just want to feel normal again

other advise .. heat & cold on neck & shoulders!

Comments

• page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi madness
    sorry youre feeling rough, neck pain is no joke, well no pain is ah.
    have you got the stronger pain killers yet? i really hope they help you. have you got a neck coller? maybe that would help a little as just holding up you head without even moving it is painfull when your neck hurts. you can get them in boots or prob most chemists there about £6 i think, come in different sizes.
    hope you feel better soon
    page
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI, I am sorry you'r suffering with neck pain, so am I. I tried some old exercises I found in my draw when I last went to the physio, so thought it would be OK as its been bad. Now its worse than bad and no sympathy from my husband! :(:wink: I'll never learn :wink:
    Love Sue
  • madness1985
    Options
    Hello,

I rang my GPs not long after i had spoken to RA nurse to be told that i could not see anyone until 4.20 so i am still waiting to get my drugs. I feel like totally drained although i wraped my water bottle up in t-towl and placed it round my neck and it has helped but they says .. it never stops the pain forever it just returns later grr!
  • tinyzab
    tinyzab Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Its so frustrating isn't it...I really hope you get something to help with the pain really soon.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Do you have a wheatbag that you can heat up in the microwave as this is more comforting than a hot water bottle because you can wrap it around your neck easily. Nearly time for you to be able to get your meds. I do hope you feel in less pain soon. Keep thinking of that forthcoming wedding of yours. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • madness1985
    Options
    I have pain killers!!!!! I feel much more positive now! N yes i crnt wait to get married we are currently looking at venues think ive choosen one a beautiful castle!!!
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    I was given warm packs, heat lamps and so on to get inflammation down for years, then they suddenly realised it swelled my joints more and decided to give me ice packs, try wrapping a packet of frozen peas in a small towel and resting them on the joint it may help, does for me, I am much better in the winter months than summer, and holidays abroad are a nightmare as I swell up and ache with the sun. Good Luck. Bev age 44. :roll: