i feel worn out

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
edited 26. Sep 2009, 08:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
My egs feel heavy and they ache
i do feel a bit better now i'm taking 2 anitrp i fee worn out
i've stopped going to the gym but i shall still go to the hydrotherapy pool.
as any one had this it is not arther.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan sorry to here that, it gets me the same way when my OA is active, the other thing I get is when it’s in what I call it’s growling phase (low level pain) I don’t sleep very well, I don’t think I get into REM sleep and this is the problem with it, and this week it’s been growling so I like you I feel totally drained and it’s only 14.00 hours on a Friday yawn!, oh what type of arthritis do you have?. :roll:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joan

I am so very sorry to read your thread. You do not get much respite from it all, do you. It is such a shame that you do not feel able to visit the gym at the moment.

Love and gentle hugs to you,

Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Melman.
    i have oa i have had the ache in my legs for over 8 years and i have just been to the pain c.
    the anitrip as took the pain a way but i have just started taking 2 i think it is helping but its worse if i stand for to long.
    thank you for replying
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I'm sorry you have achy legs. I sometimes feel achy and tired. It really takes away the will to do things doesn't it? I think the only option is to rest and then just do a limited amount, not try and do what you used to in one go. Its much easier to sit typing this good advice than following it, I know! :? I find when I'm feeling OK I want to get on and do as much as possilbe and then wonder why I feel tired and achy and bad tempered! :oops: I hope your meds kick in soon and you begin to feel better. :wink: Love Sue
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Elna and Sue.
    thank you for your help. the more i do the worse i feel so i have to sit down.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Elna and Sue.
    thank you for your help. the more i do the worse i feel so i have to sit down.
    joan xx

Dear Joan

When you sit down do your legs stop aching so much then/does the pain go away completely?

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Yes the pain go's a way when i sit down but i have to sit for a few hours be fore it go's then it comes back as soon as i start to walk. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Elna
    Yes the pain go's a way when i sit down but i have to sit for a few hours be fore it go's then it comes back as soon as i start to walk. joan xx

Dear Joan

I do feel for you - I know a little of what it is like because often
    when I am standing, I get a pain in my butt and left leg and that is a burning sensation. I too have to sit down sometimes for a while. I realise it is not the same as your pain but I know how debilitating it can be.

I so wish I could give you an answer, Joan. You have been suffering with these symptoms for a very long time now with no help from the medics that seems to work.

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Joan

We are two Joans together, both with achy legs :!: My legs often feel very heavy and they ache from top to bottom. They even ache when I wake up in the morning sometimes, and I think how can that be possible when I've been in bed for hours? I find that a warm bath helps, and I try to pace myself so that I don't overdo things ( not always very easy ) I have OA in my knees and one ankle, plus bursitis in my hip, so I think the achy legs is caused by that.

I was referred to an exercise class by my GP, but I had to give it up because it was making things worse.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Joan and Jan.
    Thank you for your help.
    i'm on 20 mg a night it has taken the pain away from my legs they still ache if i do to much it's the worn out feeling thats worse.
    i hope you both have a pain free and happy weekend,
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx