How are we going to get round this one?

Options
airwave
airwave Member Posts: 579
edited 26. Sep 2009, 13:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,
Latest news-We're going to get charged for parking at the supermarket, its a way of getting us to use our cars less and walk, hahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha sorry, ahem, I fell off my perch!

Does the government employ idiots, or do all those that think up the ideas just go and have their brains removed first? As with everything this lot do there is a small thread of sense in it until you think it through.... This one goes with two weekly bin collections/private finance hosps/lying about going to war in the middle east/education education education/we care about the middle classes/we must spend our way out of debt/we're going to put more bobbies on the street/expenses for MP's/all adults to carry identity cards/be pae-do checked/consultants appointments in 6 weeks....... the list would fill a skip many times over!

I'm sure this is going to be a wonderful scheme for those who are less than fully able/on lower incomes/elderly/have an electric cart/don't own a car, need I go on?

Lets just give in and let the EU rule our lives, after all as we all know, we don't really matter, do we?

8) Its a grin, honest!

Comments

• sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I hadn't heard about this! We spend thousands of pounds each year in supermarkets - they've got an assured market as we all have to eat!

Will they keep disabled places? Mind you I saw some 18-20 year olds blatantly using the disabled places and they just thought it was hilarious - there wasn't a thing wrong with them.

It's all take, take, take from the Government and those with loads of dosh.

Sharmaine
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    this doesnt suprise me .. they think more about the enviroment that the disabled .. typical labour.

I just feel let down by them. My local supermarket is about 10mins walk for my partner .. i could not even walk that so am car reliant even though i crnt drive at the moment!! Its just not fair :(
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi

I hadn't heard about this! We spend thousands of pounds each year in supermarkets - they've got an assured market as we all have to eat!

Will they keep disabled places? Mind you I saw some 18-20 year olds blatantly using the disabled places and they just thought it was hilarious - there wasn't a thing wrong with them.

Sharmaine
    hi,ive just wrote a letter of complant to my local supermarket.
    9pm 2 of there staff pull up side by side in disabled parking.so i took there reg.no's & wrote to the store, they get abused enough by the general public then there own staff do it,not on.debs
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi

Sharmaine

What a shame they didnt get their car clamped there and then!
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • airwave
    Options
    Sharmaine[/quote]hi,ive just wrote a letter of complant to my local supermarket.
    9pm 2 of there staff pull up side by side in disabled parking.so i took there reg.no's & wrote to the store, they get abused enough by the general public then there own staff do it,not on.debs[/quote]

well done debs, unfortunately our local shops are in the same state. our local council provide quite a lot of free parking for blue badge holders but its always full up with others.

Re: - paying for parking at the supermarket, a bit hard to see how the check out girls would police this one or would we all be charged as a matter of course. Its roughly £1.66 a day for each space(£600 per year), I expect that would go up though?

Order over the internet? Shop locally? Shop elsewhere? Change the government?

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • pottypam
    pottypam Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I do wonder when supermarkets and places put in the obligatory disabled bays thay are actually aware of what some has to be unable to do to need them, walking for short distances if at all for a start .And not sure if it me but does it bug you when you can hardly walk and and when searching for a disabled space they are taken up by people sitting in thier cars , reading newspapers . yes they have disabled badges diplayed but in my instance it was at the local hospital path lab , i was due in for a second hip op, had to test before , could hardly walk a few feet and so waited for a space , looking i saw two men in the spaces reading newspapers , just waiting for people who had gone into the hos prob for blood test , there were other spaces they could have pulled into if waiting for someone but no they did not do that . one even got out of his car and wandered around to smoke , i sat there wondering how much longer ,when one man came out got into passenger side of car then another man came got in other car . then one elderly couple came in and i let them take the first space and i took the other , it just me getting grouchie i wonder lol, but my son who works at wicks local used to get so annoyed at the workmen parking in the disabled spaces he has put up signs in bold letters ONLY disabled badge holder allowed and he takes cars numbers and leaves a gentle nudge by way of a note saying next time will be a fine ,! so is it rubbing off lol
  • airwave
    Options
    I know what you mean, I use the blue badge parking at Morrisons,
    I have trouble changing direction even at my slow pace, I'm forever apologizing.

I note at some supermarkets now, mums and kids get the spaces nearer to the entrance.

8)Its a grin, honest!
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Hi,

I live in Glasgow and there aren't a lot of disabled bays around the city centre and of course the usual they have cars parked with no badge on display. One day I couldn't get a space so I parked on a yellow line, displayed my badge, there were spaces on this street but they were full of course 15 mins later I was booked.

I have refused to pay and there is a hearing on the 8th of Oct. I am disgusted with this particular warden as he seems to target me. he has ticketed me before but I was too ill to appeal at the time and one day when I actually got a space he followed me down the street and told me I was in a disabled bay, I know I replied. he then asked me 'What exactly is wrong with you?' Told him it was none of his busines.

On this note my friend was telling me about a work colleague the other day. Her office has limited spaces so they use a rota to allocate them, this lady said oh it's ok I don't need to go on the rota my Mum has a blue badge and I use it. People like this make it harder for those of us who do need the badge. I feel like finiding out what her car is and reporting her.

Sorry that turned into a rant.

Anne