I`m pregnant and my Arthritis is in Remission :-)

Options
laina2009
laina2009 Member Posts: 14
edited 28. Sep 2009, 04:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all i`m 26 and i came off my methotrexate in sep 2008 and my mobic in dec 2008 my arthritis was really bad for months and i`m pleased to say that i`m finally pregnant with baby number 1 nearly 12 weeks now and my arthritis has been pain and inflamation free since about a week before i found out i was pregnant,except for sometimes if i`m out all day walking my ancle is sore and i feel like i cant put my weight on it so i rest it and its fine the next day. :D Good luck to all you ladies out there Trying for a baby or are pregnant.xx

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi laina

What wonderful news :!: :!: :D:D:D CONGRATULATIONS :!: :!: :!: I am so pleased for you, especially as your arthritis is so much better. You have such a fantastic time ahead of you; I hope you will remain well and that all will go well for you at the birth. I'm sure anyone else with arthritis who is trying for a baby will be encouraged by your post.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Iaina,

Just to say Congratulations and hope your remission will continue for some time after as well. You do know we will want to have regular up dates from you now don't you? You both take care and many many congrats to you and you OH :D . Cris x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi there
    A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Glad old arthur is behaving himself! Wishing you and your OH all the best!
    Gillx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Well done and congratulations. Make sure you give yourself plenty of rest. The more weight you put on may make that ankle a bit sore

Good luck and keep us up to date

joy
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Iaina :D

Lovely to hear your happy news. :D Congratulations. I love hearing news like that. :D It s wonderful to hear too, that your health has improved. Enjoy this time and I hope you will let us know how you are going on.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, CONGRATULATIONS thats great news and I'm sure of interest to other young women who want to start families, but are worried about whether they will be able to cope with pregnacy and RA.
    So, enjoy this happy time and take care of yourself, don't overdo things! :D Lots of love Sue
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS

Lovely news, and I hope all goes well
    and that old arthur geezer stays well away.

Thats a great inspiration for anyone wishing
    to start a family.

Take care and enjoy.

Kath
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hiya!
    Congratulations! Thats great news about the baby and the remission.

I'm also 26 and I'm 11wks pregnant with my first. Its all a bit strange! I came off anti-TNF October 2008 (which gave me a stroke) and had a washout to get rid of all the chemical hanger ons.
    The past few months have been really difficult as I've not been on effective meds and sometimes I felt like giving up but my OH and I are very pleased to have continued. Now I'm just on steroids.

What's your due date? Have you had any scans yet? We haven't had any scans yet but can't wait.
    Have you had any morning sickness?
    My RA is actually behaving itself, I still have off days especially if I do too much but I'm resting a lot.
    I hope your remission continues and that your pregnancy is peaceful.

Jen
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi there

Congratulations on your good news. I just found out my friend who has been trying for years is expecting finally. Must be lots of baby dust around!

Having a baby will change your life forever. In the best possible way, there is no feeling to describe that love you feel. It's like they are attached by an invisible piece of string to your heart and the feelings just grow stronger and stronger.

Hope everything progresses well, best stock up on the Gaviscon now!! :lol:
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    CONGRATS to Laina and Jen
    best wishes ladies :D
    page