Unhappy

Options
bionic
bionic Member Posts: 75
edited 28. Sep 2009, 07:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
:( Hi all just had to write down how I am feeling at the moment, I feel so down in the dumps and any little thing makes me either really angry or cry !!! I am sleeping loads and just can't cope with anything no one seems to understand they just think I am in a mood and I am not all I want is a life and at the moment I haven't the energy or enthusiasim for one I just can't be bothered which I know sounds awful but thats the way it is. Sorry everyone,
Take care

Rosie X

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, You sound as if you've got that big, black cloud of depression sitting over you. Once it sets in its hard to get rid of, without help, the best person to talk to is your GP. They'll understand and be able to offer you some help. Maybe medication or a talking therapy, or both. The medication takes a few weeks to work, so don't expect it to go straight away. Are you on an anti depressant now?

Don't appologise, especially to us, as most of us, me certainly, have surrered from this illness and thats what it is, an illness, not something you can 'pull yourself together' from. It saps you will, but you can fight back, especially with the help of good docs.
    There are good books out their, but I can't recommend one as I've forgotten and they are updating them all the time. I'm sure someone will know. Take care, try and get some fresh air and exercise as that helps, if you can. Love Sue
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    chin up Rosie Hun, I feel like this alot of the time, what I try to do is to think to the times I had a good laugh or time, or I was a good film or set myself a task of finding things on the Internet,

sometimes A nice shower and hair wash does the job. painting my nails, just little things to cheer myself up.
    Its draining feeling down all the time and your right not every one understands but we do on here, get yourself to our cafe and have some walnut cake and a cuppa and read the posts, well the good ones,
    lol
    Debbie :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Rosie

My heart goes out to you. You appear to have no repite from all this and I am so very sorry. I wish I could do something to help you, I really do. Your postings are not like they used to be when you had another username when I first joined this forum. I am sending you gentle hugs and I so feel for you and how you are nowadays.

Lots of love and gentle hugs,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Rosie,

Sorry to read your feeling down at the mo. Its sort of sounds like you are having a flair and I hope it will soon pass for you. Could you just allow your self to rest up and if need be sleep and hopefully that will help to stop it quicker. A cyber hug and a hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Cris x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Rosie

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so down at the moment. Depression is draining, emotionally and physically, and it is difficult for people to understand if they have never experienced it. It is an illness, and I think you need to ask your doctor for help, if you haven't done already. Please don't just suffer in silence when I'm sure your doctor will help you. Also, don't hesitate to come on here and tell us how you feel. Everyone is very kind and understanding.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • collettem
    collettem Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Sorry, to hear that you are feeling low at the minute. I was there a few weeks ago so no what it is like. I was exactly the same, angry, upset and frustrated and it is often true that friends and family dont understand as they cant see a cut or something wrong.

I have to say though the people on this site are great and everyone understands so the best thing you can do when you are feeling like this is to post on the site. Have you had any joy from your doctor in relation to pain relief?

Take care

Collette
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi rosie sorry u r at this stage it is awfull and every thing seems so dark and to much energy get like that before a flare up good luck hope things better soon
    val
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi

Don't be sorry, you have done the right thing by getting these feelings out. Bottling them all up will just make things worse. I understand this must be a scary time for you but I'm sure you will find the strength within you to pull through. I hope things start to look up, remember we are here for you if you need to share.

Take care

Eck
    xxx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Rosie, I can't really add much more than other people, we all get like this every now and again, seriously hope that you feel much brighter soon love Jaspercatxx
  • tinyzab
    tinyzab Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Rosie
    I know how you feel - I've been going through a bit of an up and down time at the moment. I'll be fine one second then find myself crying uncontrolably the next. In fact it was because of my down mood that I found this site and realised how fantastic it is to be able to talk to people who actually understand. Over the last few days I've stopped saying 'I'm fine' when I'm not - my answer is now more like 'I'm ok, although my arthristic is causing me a lot of pain today'!! Being more open with people is something I find hard as I don't want to make others worry, but finding it actually helps! Keep coming on here - I'm finding it so helpful, so am sending you positive thoughts to help you through. We can't let arthur take over - like many others have said, do little things that make you happy. I'm going to get a hair cut this week - hoping it helps if only for a few days!! Take care. xx
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    I can't really add a lot to what has already been said. It does sound as if the 'black hole' as I call it is trying to pull you in. I agree with the others and maybe go to the doc and get some anti deressants, they may help.

Anyway, just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Anne
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    It does get to everyone from time to time cronic pain is nasty when its constant
    You just want the pain to go away so you can get on with your life
    When i get up on a morning i wish for at least an hour without pain.
    but never get it!
    Just try & keep positive & remember you are not alone we all know what your going through
    Take care M
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Just a quick note to say that I hope you are feeling a bit better today. Sometimes these things go as quick as they come. Never say your sorry, or not mention it, we all have these times as the threads show! :wink: Take care, thinking of you, love Sue
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I do hope that you get some ease in some way. It's good to be able to come on here and let go but sometimes we need even more support than that. If you don't feel any better at all perhaps it would be good to speak to your GP? Bye for now, let us know how you do.
    big hugs rita
  • mogwill
    mogwill Member Posts: 8
    Options
    You write, 'no one seems to understand they just think I am in a mood and I am not '

I ended up having a major cry last week in front of my 20 year old daughter - it all came out and I wince about it now. This is normally taboo for me and thus she has often thought of me as being moody. After she had given me a very big cuddle she told me that I should let my feelings out more often as it helped her to understand just what I was trying to deal with ...

I am very determind not to dump how I feel on others at home or at work, but I think she had a point. From time to time it will be good to just let her know how I feel so that the image of 'in a mood' shifts aside and the 'trying to cope' image shows in its stead. Its hard to get the balance right. She felt better supporting me than thinking I was being a grump with her. Its all in the mix.

The others (above) are very right .. and so cool. You can come here and dump as loudly as you need cos we do understand :)

Take care

Mogwil