Hi not been on for a while because

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 29. Sep 2009, 18:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi ive had a few problems concerning my health and i just feel i want a break from coming on here so often. im also not going to my arther group as i feel this is all i do.
Im going on various courses to build up my confidance. It is very low and ive come back from the carpol tunnel appoitment a bit worryed. :(
I am still awaiting for the actual test. The doctor thinks ive got other problems. I have to have a mri scan, those full body scans as the symtoms ive got dont all fit with carpol tunnel thing and he is concerned about something. :(
A lot of the time he spoke to my husbend who had come with me. :x I usuallly go alone to all appoitments in fact this was his first with me as it was on saturday so he could attend. It is a new hospital to were i go usually. He took me seiously though. I am pleased they are going to look at my neck and back as i have never had this scaned. I am just now having to wait but i dont want to dwell on arther all the time and just going to take time out to help myself. I am not allowed on my computor course till they have found out whats going on. the hospital have just asked me to get some help emotionaly. so that what i am going to do hopefully return a bit happier and stronger. I will still answer pms but wont be on line like i have. thanks for listening joanne :)
Joanne

Comments

• kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne

Sorry to hear you arent too good at the mo.

It just seems to affect everything dont you think.
    We all need time out at some point when things get overwhelming so take as long as you need and make time for yourself if you can.

Hope to see you posting again soon and really hope you
    soon feel stronger.

Love Kath
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Joanne

Thanls for keeping us updated. Don't worry, we understand, what's the most important thing for you to focus on just now is getting yourself physically and mentally better. We will be here waiting for you when you come back.

Take care

Eck

xxx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks for replying. i just need some time to be me again ive returned to my writing group so maybe i can take me mind somewhere else. I love writing and get a lot out of it. also im doing confidance building, and personal development maybe i will be able to do computors again one day for a course but it is hurting back and neck and my eyes have seemed to got worse so im expecting my optition to tell me off when i get tested. I only had new ones last year and there is only one place in london who do my lens as it has to be specially made and is expensive. anyway i will be back but maybe less often on line. joanne
    Joanne
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi joanne

I really hope that they find out what is wrong with you. I also hope that you will feel better soon very soon.

love trisher xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi joanne

I really hope that they find out what is wrong with you. I also hope that you will feel better soon very soon.

love trisher xx
    thank you. i hope they dont keep me waiting to long. im going to do other things to take mind off arther some nornal stuff it drains you some times. thanks any way from joanne
    Joanne
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

Jolly sorry to hear about your problems and hope that the tests don't reveal anything too nasty. Coming to terms with having arthur requires inner strength but also one has to find inner peace. It can only make us stronger and more understanding of those who suffer.

This site is useful for spilling out one's fears, troubles and conerns...not forgetting seeking advice and strength.

Please let us know how you get on.

In the meantime take care and try not to worry.

Warmest regards
    Sharmaine

[
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joanne

I am sorry to hear your lastest news but quite understand that you need to have time away from the forum. I tend to agree that it may not always be the best place to call in, depending on how one is feeling at any given time. It is good that the medics are listening to you and are going to help you. It is also good that your husband was able to attend an appointment as two heads or three including the medic, are always better than one and problems shared are problems halved. The most important person in all this is you and you know where we are and you will always be welcomed back with open arms as and when that is. Just remember your username and we will know, for sure, who you are.

I wish you all the best dear Joanne.

Luv
    Elna x()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

I think we do all feel a bit bogged down by the arthritis from time to time and your right to have a break and do stuff to take your mind off it is a good way to finding your self away from the ra.

I'm glad you have gone to your writing group again and for me the escape into the junk in my head is as good as a rest...... usually anyway :wink: I really hope you will enjoy it again.

Good luck with your tests and results and you take care of your self and when you come back we shall be here and well look after your self. A ((( ))) to take with and love from this lot to Yasmin :wink: See you when you come back. Cris x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    hiya joanne
    just to wish you all the best mate
    look after yourself
    if you want to chat any time you can pm me :D
    love page
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Take care of yourself and hope you get some answers from the scan.
    It's terrible putting your life on hold,if only these things were instant.
    Linda H 8)
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    [Hi Joanne,

Well, they say a 'break is as good as a rest' don't they? I think you are absolutely making the right decision if thats what you want to do...... I think we should all try and not let 'arthur' overshadow our lives - after all theres a lot more to each of us than the fact we have 'arthur' isn't there :)

I have enjoyed many of your postings and you have a talent for creative writing, so all power to your pen!

Best wishes Joanne and look forward to seeing you back on here after your 'break'.

Jackie x [/i]
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    So sad that you`re having these problems Joanne. Take as much "soft time" as you need. I`ll miss your posts. Much love to you and your family.......Ange.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Joanne

We will all miss you, but understand. I hope you will return from time to time.

All the best

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Joanne,
    Sorry to hear your news. Take some well earned rest, we'll still be here for you when you return :wink:
    Take care,
    Magenta xxxxxxxxxxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, Sorry to hear that you are not too well at the moment. Its good you had your husband with you to discuss things. I'm glad that you will be doing some courses and writing sounds like a good way of getting away from things in your own world. Hobbies are often a lifeline, I think. Take good care, love Sue
  • suncatcher
    Options
    i have had a medical form from dwp come today to go for an assesment my meds are now stable my rhoumy wants me to think about volutry work even though im waiting for carpel test thing, mri scan and she know i have other issues im having panic attacks now and going to axiety man and alsorts to sort this and my eyes are neading test as they are deteriating my option has never wanted me to spend more than 20 min on computors the same with reading a book and has told me before to be carfull but i found so much help off this site and maybe damaged my eyes my back hurts so i though i would spend time away from site to get my self sorted and i get this letter can they take my benefits away im scared what shall i do from joanne
    Joanne
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

So sorry to read this thread and know that you're having a grim time.

Don't let the letter worry you - I can't see how they can take your benefits away from you.

You will come through this and once you've had your scans and know what you're dealing with you'll be able to put that behind you. I'm glad your husband is involved it always helps when partners take an active role in your illness.

Enjoy your writing classes, don't be concerned about us as we'll be here when you return - we'll miss your posts but we'll wait patiently till you come back.

Take care of you and here's a a095.gif and hope you feel better very soon.

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

I'm with Legs on this one, I don't see how they can and it may just be a routine thing and not as bad as you fear.

I am really sorry things are so grim with you and well again as Legs said we will miss your posts but we understand your need to have a rest and get a hold of things again. You try not to worry, they really can't take your benefits away from you. ((( ))) and luv Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks they are seeing me end of october they say its a routine where i am up to thing not so sure. I have time to see my optition i am going next wk i will have to have his advice but may mean i go on site once a wk to cut down eye strain ect this site means a lot but as you say it will still be here. for now i want to enjoy life and see what happens. dont know what i could do for work now tho i said that to doctors and they say "i dont know." if they dont how do they think i will. and work is not that easy to find now any way thanks for replys from joanne
    Joanne
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Take care and look after yourself x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Try not to worry too much, I know that sounds silly, but it sounds as if you need to relax a bit. I think the others are right, you need to concentrate on getting a lot better. Take care, love Sue
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Jo
    Just to say I wish you well and hope that you feel more in control of things soon. It sounds like you are taking lots of positive steps so I hope they work for you.
    Will miss your posts but as the others have said, will still be here when you get back.
    Take care
    Gillx