Worried about DLA possible scrapping

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 28. Sep 2009, 15:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

Im really sorry for this random post but this is really worrying me alot. Because my RA is getting worse, they believe it is now in my neck/shoulders as i have not seen my rhmey yet but my GP said yes and rhmey nurse said yes over the phone.

Anyway i currently live in a property that is for DLA recipiants and OAP so therefore if it was scrapped i would loose my home, my partner would loose the CA (very minimal what is recieved) and then IS i recieve would be lost too. Leaving us with very little money and no were to live which is worrying me sick.

This would mean that i would have togo into a normal flat were i would not be happy would have to get rid of my dog and then i would be on my own all day every day as partner definatly wouldnt be able to work part time and help me out..

I can see my life basically very depressing infact i said to my partner tonight if this happens i would just become very isolated and alone and depressed. I can not get dressed, open bottles, flush toilets and i just crnt see me having any life at all and to be honest im quite upset and i would not be happy with social services coming to help me espically getting dressed, getting out of bed and having a bath .

Very Very upset and worried and i just dont no what im going todo if this happens :cry:

Comments

• madness1985
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    there is a potition (sp) on 10 downing street website to stop it from happening. Sorry not much help i am just so worried & concerned
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    dont worry to much.some1 else will come along & give you more info.
    but somewhere i does say that it wont affect existing clamiants.
    it'll be along time to get this into place but i cant see the system working anyway.sorry i dont know how to post links.
    debs
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, The petition that is on the 10 Downing Street web site is to ask the Government to announce that it has no intention of stopping Attendance Allowance and DLA. It is still on the site and is available to sign. Their have been, I think, in the region of over 8,000 signatures so far, their was a direct link on this forum but I think it must have been moved.

Please try not to worry too much about the future, as I think their will be a long way to go before anything like this it changed. Also we are soon to have an election and the chances of anything being done soon are remote, in my opinion, the Gov wouldn't get it through parliment at the moment. This is just my personal opinion, so obviously I could be wrong but think of all those MPs and what they would face if they tried to do anything like that now! :shock: but I did sign the potition on the web site, its still their and you could do that too. So many people would and are fighting any change like that and I'm sure you and your partner will be safe. A letter to your MP may also help, telling them all the things you would face if such a change happened. We won't give up, we'll fight and so will thousands of people. :wink: Love Sue
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    I agree with Sue.

Please try not to worry you will make yourself feel worse, easier said than done I know.

Anne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Madness,

I have to say I agree with debs and Sue as well. I really do think you will be ok and its got to get through parliament and well it may not happen. Please try not to let it worry you so much and take care, Cris
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I signed the petition a while back and get regular updates from Benefits and Work about it. It won't affect existing claimants if it is implemented but even if it is I just think they will make the rules tougher as in more checks.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello,

Im really sorry for this random post but this is really worrying me alot. Because my RA is getting worse, they believe it is now in my neck/shoulders as i have not seen my rhmey yet but my GP said yes and rhmey nurse said yes over the phone.

Anyway i currently live in a property that is for DLA recipiants and OAP so therefore if it was scrapped i would loose my home, my partner would loose the CA (very minimal what is recieved) and then IS i recieve would be lost too. Leaving us with very little money and no were to live which is worrying me sick.

This would mean that i would have togo into a normal flat were i would not be happy would have to get rid of my dog and then i would be on my own all day every day as partner definatly wouldnt be able to work part time and help me out..

I can see my life basically very depressing infact i said to my partner tonight if this happens i would just become very isolated and alone and depressed. I can not get dressed, open bottles, flush toilets and i just crnt see me having any life at all and to be honest im quite upset and i would not be happy with social services coming to help me espically getting dressed, getting out of bed and having a bath .

Very Very upset and worried and i just dont no what im going todo if this happens :cry:
    suggest you contact Welfare Rights.

joy
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    You can sign the potiation from this part of the forum its just under this post and titled We could lose our DLA action please. If you read that and follow the first blue writting, it will take you to the government site with the potation on it, and you just follow the instructions and type your name where it tells you. That is something you can do to show the the Government how you feel.
    Love Sue
  • madness1985
    Options
    Thanks all, I have signed the pertition (SP) it just worries me alot i think its because of the position it would leave us. Thanks again all x