Made a Decision

Options
annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 30. Sep 2009, 10:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good news for a change. My OH and I were chatting this evening and we have decided to book a weekend away. We are going to Brussels for the Christmas markets. I went a couple of years ago with a friend and it was lovely, not to mention the chocolate!

This has been a bad year and we normally go a few holidays but haven't managed any. This will be my first trip since the op but we will manage. We know my limitations and if it means frequent stops (for coffee and cake) we can do it.

Really looking forward to it now we have made the decision and we do like Brussels it has special memories as it was the first holiday we went together. So OH is off to book the time off work next week and we wil officially book.

Anne

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anne

Your weekend in Brussels sounds just the thing to give you something to look forward to. Lots of stops for coffee and cake will make it even more enjoyable. I have just been on holiday, and my husband has learned not to do too much without a rest for me. This is very different to other times when we could walk for hours, and sometimes I feel a bit guilty because my husband is still very fit. But he has accepted my limitations, and that's what being married is all about.

I hope you will have a super time.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Well done, it's good to have something to look forward to eh? :D I really hope you both enjoy it and well just well done and go for it girl. Cris x.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    good for u will do u the world of good something to look foward to have great time
    val
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Brussels as you know is lovely and would be especially so at Christmas Market time. I went on Eurostar a few years ago and had a smashing time. It's great to hear some happy news. Hope you have a smashing tim e. I sometimes think looking forward and chatting about what's to come is just as much fun as actually being there.
    rita
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Anne, I went to Bruge in Belgium for a weekend away a few years ago, had a wonderful time, we had a look at the lace shop and went for a lovely pancake and coffee.

Hope you both have a terrific time, you deserve it love Jaspercatxx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Sounds just lovely.

Enjoy :)

Remember, those coffee stops though. :)

Kath
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Good for you.

We took the plunge and went away without the kids this year abroad. You know your limitations so you just pace yourself, it just happens naturally. Having something to look forward to like a trip away really boosts your mood too.

Those markets sound lovely, never heard of them before.
  • annebr
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have been twice once in the summer and once for the Christmas markets and it is beautiful, also very romantic.....

My mission (that I have accepted) is to find which coffee shop sells the best chocolate cake!

Germany, Brussells and a lot of the european cities hold the markets, you should google them, they really are lovely.

Anne
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Like the thought of that assignment. :D
    We're lucky as the european market traders visit for a couple of weeks here leading up to Christmas. You're right they are great but they are a tad expensive. Especially with the pound being so poor against the Euro. Nice to visit 'tho.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    anne u will not beat the cake in the cafe here but have fun trying. do not forget to fetch some back for all of us to try lol
    val
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Anne

Have a lovely time in Brussels. I like the sound of frequent stops for coffee and cake! We went to Bruges about 3 years ago and had a great time. It'll give you something to look foward too.

Sharmaine
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Just to say, have a lovely week-end, pity you can't get them on prescription, :D I'm sure it will do you a lot of good. Go easy on the chocolate, ohhhhhhhh I could just eat a bar of chocolate....
    Love Sue
  • annebr
    Options
    Well I have just booked the weekend 11-14 Dec! Got a great deal on the hotel and it's a beautiful 5*, can't wait now.

Sue, I can't make any promises about the chocolate. One of my downfalls, will try not to gorge though.

Anne xx