3rd dose MTX feel like i've been drugged

Options
barbara01
barbara01 Member Posts: 85
edited 28. Sep 2009, 16:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
3rd dose of MTX last night and haven't been able to get off the sofa all day......have spent all afternoon watching a film (stepmom...which just made me cry)...any idea how long all this lasts ....do you ever get used to this drug and not feel tired all the time...have also had a few dizzy spells on it and keep feeling like my heart is beating too fast...any one else had any of this?

Love Barbara xx

Comments

• handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi barbara i also take mtx and have for about 7/8 month i take 15mg in tablet form. this makes me very ill 1 or 2 days after and having RA i am sleepy all of the time i tend not to nap in the day so i can sleep at night but the pain can keep me awake for days
    hope you feel better soon and like all of us we get very emotional regularly. keep your chin up x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    barbara01 wrote:
    3rd dose of MTX last night and haven't been able to get off the sofa all day......have spent all afternoon watching a film (stepmom...which just made me cry)...any idea how long all this lasts ....do you ever get used to this drug and not feel tired all the time...have also had a few dizzy spells on it and keep feeling like my heart is beating too fast...any one else had any of this?

Love Barbara xx
    Hi Barbara
    i feel not quite "with it" the day or two after i take the mxt (been on it about 4months) and the first 3 months felt very sick, tired, very upset,headachy, just not right at all. the rhumy gave me extra folic acid and told me to split the dose which has helped quite a bit. do you just feel like this a day or two after taking the mxt?