Carpul Tunnel Syndrome

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 29. Sep 2009, 16:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
somehow I seem to have lost the use of my fingers on my left hand.
trying to type i wasnt making contact. wentto pick my mug of hot coffee and it just dropped to the floor. there is nostrength in my fingers at all. Has anyone else had this? due to have nerve conductor test 2/12/09.
worrying

joy

Comments

• wookster
    wookster Member Posts: 12
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    somehow I seem to have lost the use of my fingers on my left hand.
    trying to type i wasnt making contact. wentto pick my mug of hot coffee and it just dropped to the floor. there is nostrength in my fingers at all. Has anyone else had this? due to have nerve conductor test 2/12/09.
    worrying

joy

Hi, I haven't but a colleague of mine some years ago had surgery and apparently it was a fairly simple operation. She was back at work 10 days later because she was bored, but was in a splint for another 2 weeks. After that no problems.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Sounds a bit worrying if the fingers have no feeling. I think if they don't feel better tomorrow, I'd go to the Docs. It may well be something different. When my fingers went numb on my left hand, they didn't go compleatly, I just didint have as much strength and a lot of pin and needles. It was also hard to tell what things felt like, ie soft or hard, cold or hot. If it carries on your appointment is too long for you to wait. As for the op thats fine, just hard to do things when you go home! I had to keep putting my hand in a plastic bag until the dressing and stiches came off. Hope all goes well, love Sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    No, this is weird. I go to touch the keyboard and I just cannot put any pressure on them. I think I have pressed it and when I look up the words are missing. funny

have been trying to pick things up and carry them - we are putting things back into the cupboards - broken so many thingsOH has said leave it to him. using right hand only shall ring Rheumy tomorrow. wearing the splint because the tinglings not so bad. comes back quite strong otherwise, but the ends of my fingers are just dead worrying.

joy
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    if not carpal tunnel will be some other rsi.....nerve test will confirm if CT, best wishes with it.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI, I really think you need to get it checked out by your GP, it sounds as if they need to find out whats going on. I had carpel tunnel surgery on one hand and I am still to decide about the other hand, but even the bad hand, which was quite painful, never became compleatly dead. I wonder about tendon problems, I did work with someone who suddenly had total loss of feeling in one finger. It came back after splinting and rest - nother else needed, but it sounds as if you should get it looked at. Love Sue