Fatigue

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 29. Sep 2009, 15:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

Im basically thinking my fstigue is over the top to be honest because on Sunday i went to bed but could not sleep because of the pain i eventually fell asleep around 4am but then i didnt get up til Monday at 6.15pm i was up 8 hours then i went back to be. I am up today feeling ok still tired but today i have to pay bills (online banking god sent) and do shopping (online) so i have had to get up but i think i could sleep all day again..

Is this normal for a RA patient?

xx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi sorry this is happening not sure but do feel exhausted when getting a flare up starts couple days before pain kicks in and could just sleep and sleep going to have a nap now before work lol
    val
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Very normal for an RA patient with active disease.

When I'm at my worst I can only do things in half hour bursts. Having a shower was followed by a nap of an hour. Going out for two hours meant an afternoon in bed. I remember once sleeping 18 hours!

As your disease becomes more controlled the fatigue will ease. You need to learn to pace yourself, and, sadly, that does involve overdoing it and pay the price. I know when I've done too much as I get 'Hit by a Bus' syndrome. Fatigue literally hits me, everything hurts and I feel unbelieveably sick. I have been so stubborn to ignore these warning signs: all I succeeded in doing was making myself vomit from fatigue.

Like I said, it will get better. We all know how you feel. Good luck!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Madness,

I am totally in agreement with Scattered here and well I hope yours is brought under control quickly and the tiredness gets better. Take care Cris

Scattered thank you for saying it gets better cus I feel like I am fighting sleep almost every min of every day just now. x
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi, I have RA and I am always feeling tired and don't have much energy. :( I really have to push myself to get things done although I do get some days where it's better than others.I'm on Hydroxy so don't know if that's causing it or whether it's just the RA. I've always been a poor sleeper and that doesn't help.I see the rheumy nurse tomorrow so I will mention the fatigue to her.I think most arthritis sufferers have tiredness problems to some degree.Sorry I can't be of more help. Breane. :)
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Totally, frustratingly, chronically, RA normal. Just like me, erm, or what passes for normal for me.
    n045.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Thank you for your message yo have really put me at ease, i was worrying myself a little. I have been sleeping again infact i was only woken for food! I have my appointment soon enough. Hopfully this will pass soon enough. Ill just have to wait for this period to pass .. hopfully it will be soon as i am seeing my friends at the end of october and i dont want to b sleeping when they are here as i not seen my best mate for well 2 years because of moving around alot and so i really want to be wide awake to have a chat n get all the gossip!

Thanks all realli apreciate your messages x