THR 7 weeks on

Options
ikesother
ikesother Member Posts: 171
edited 29. Sep 2009, 15:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, today I went swimming with hubby and did 20 lengths whohoo! I havent been able to swim for ages as it was bone on bone, lots of crunching before my op :( didnt inspire me to swim regularly, so was really pleased with today. We choose to go when it wasnt busy, just to see how I got on, but Im going again this week, now I know i can do it. Im gradually weaning myself off the crutches, only using them if I go for a long walk, or walking round shopping centre, so alls good so far :) Im going to Sratford for a couple of days next week, and looking forward to it. Still cant believe how much of a difference the op has made, even at 7 weeks with regards to having no pain and better mobility. Hope this is of use to anyone contemplating a THR/TKR, jk :wink:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi JK,

You are doing so well :D and thanks for telling us. I have problems with my hips and well its good to know the THR work :wink: You take care and well done. Cris x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Hey!! You go girl!! Its great that you are getting more out of life now. It does make all the wait/surgery etc.. worthwhile when you can do the things you like again.
    Good to hear from you x
    NB