help/ advice please - new pains and a bit worried

Options
dopeykit
dopeykit Member Posts: 107
edited 30. Sep 2009, 03:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello

I was after some advice really - feeling a bit confused by everything at the moment and not really sure what to do.

Last week I developed wrist pain which has now spread to my elbows (either side at the joint) shoulder blades and rib cage. I have bursitis in both hips (separate to cam hip impingement I think), bakers cysts behind both knees and permanent heel pain.

I feel horrid, it hurts to breath or move anything.

I've been a query seroneg arthritis for years but since I had bumps discovered on my hip joints that has taken priority in my treatment. My CRP, ESR and RF are all normal. My back MRI is normal-ish but my knees have a very little joint space left. I have visible swelling in my knees, outer hips and heels but nowhere else and to be honest its not dramatic. The orthopod is a bit confused why all this is going on but keeps saying 'well its not RA....' .

I've never had upper body pain like this before and I'm quite frightened by it. I'm 26yrs old and this has been going on since I got glandula fever as a teenager. Normally I don't mind so much but the pain is just getting the better of me.

Should I ask to go back to the rheumy, see my GP, orthopod? And what should I ask for?

I'd be so grateful for any advice and whether anyone has had a similar experiences

Thanks,

kit
www.cookingwitharthur.com
Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi sorry u r going through this but i feel u need to see some one if only for your own piece of mind have u got a rhummy nurse u could phone and talk to i can not help u much but here is a hug to keep u going till some one comes on who can help (((hug)))
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Hi Kat
    Getting stressed about it will make pain intensify so try (hard i know) to relax a bit.
    Go to GP, write a list now of symptoms and what you want to know.
    Also have a look on chit chat area to take your mind off a bit.
    take care.
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    hi kit,sorry that youve got all this pain.
    the only thing i can relate to on this is the upper body pain.
    ive got osteoarthritis,ive also got a condition called costochondritis.
    this is inflammation in the rib cage(cartilage),also affects my front collars bones,sternum & i get a feeling of mastitis in my breasts.
    very,very sore when this flares up & as i breath i can feel a funny sensation in my ribs.sometimes it feels like my lower ribs move, bit like a spasm.
    its best to mention it to a rhymy as gps arent train to diagnose these conditions.
    hope that helps a little.
    debs
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, as the others have said, try and relax a bit then go and see your GP. You need to talk to your GP, as its the only way you can stop yourself from worrying so much. Take care, love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kit,

I get the same, all round the ribs and down the sternum. Its 'normal' and part of what it can do in my case. Its very hard to relax and not worry so much but as others have said the worry tenses you and it gets worse.

I think you need to go back and see your Rumo with this, its more a rumo problem than an ortho one. Are you on any modifiers? It may be you need a different dose or other tablets maybe. Good luck,try and stay calm and let us know how you get on. Take care Cris
  • tamnwill
    tamnwill Member Posts: 93
    Options
    my lovely, I am so sorry to hear of your circumstances. I think you need to go to your GP and ask to have the Bakers Cysts removed one at a time. I had mine done 4 months ago and the difference was amazing!
    They also did a synovectomy and something else........ but to be honest I don't feel this helped me personally as my RA condition simply produced fluid again after the op and it went back to huge swelling and the pain was agonizing, so i know where you are hon on that front!.............
    Last week I had 80mgs of Steroid put straight into the knee.........OH MY GOD....... the relief was amazing in just 24 hours! So you could ask your R nurse to set you up with an appointment in their injection clinic perhaps to at least discuss this option?
    Don't give up ok, there is help out there in a very practical way, it's just a shame that we have to be on our knees before some health officials will do certain procedures............can't hurt to ask tho' ????????? Good luck and let me know please, how you are? I totally understand how you feel about being so young............and as such, you should be being helped more to get some relief. Start stamping some feet honey............ all i can say is, it worked for me. xxxxxxxxxxx
    Big gentle hugs,
    love Tamsin
    Energy is eternal delight.
    William Blake (1757-1827)

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
    Mark Twain
  • dopeykit
    dopeykit Member Posts: 107
    Options
    hello

thank you all so much Feeling much more upbeat this morning. I will call the nurse and try and see my gp.

I'm not on any disease modifiers and I think I probably should be - the orthopod wanted to see how much was mechanical first. I think I will try and discuss that with them.

My partner just reminded me that I had costochondritis a few years ago which also calmed me down (once i realised that was the rib cage pain). I'm a bt forgetful when Im having a panic which means I'm so rubbish when I see doctors. I will write everything down!

Thanks again,

kit
    www.cookingwitharthur.com
    Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis