argh!! indigestion again!

suzster
suzster Member Posts: 1,328
edited 2. Oct 2009, 07:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
i've had terrible indigestion since late last night, nothing has got rid of it!
i've tried mint tea, i've tried indigestion tablets, i'm about to try some milk, if that doesn't work then has anyone got any ideas?
i took my meds last night which is when it started, usually a cup of mint tea does the trick, but not today!
my meds this morning have made it worse, i hate indigestion more than anything!
sorry moan over!
sue

Comments

• mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there
    when indigestion strikes I take omeprazole.(whoops sounds like one of those tv ads!!) It has been available over the counter for some years now. Your GP can prescribe it if you have meds that irritate your gut. I find it is the best thing and works almost immediately for me, so hope it does for you.
    Gillx
  • twinney
    twinney Member Posts: 80
    Hello Sue.
    Sorry to hear that you are suffering with your tummy. Like Gill I take Omeprazole on a daily basis, it is prescribed by my doc. Am unable to take my meds without it as I suffer badly with pain in my stomach. I find that it really does help .
    Regards
    Lyn
  • suzster
    thank you i'll speak to my gp!
    the mint tea has made it subside slightly but it's still there. i hate it, never got it like this until i started all the meds!
    sue
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi

I have a hiatus hernia and if I didn't take my medication the meds I; take for my OA would play havoc with my digestion. I cannot take omprezole it is not strong enough - my GP wanted me to try it but it didn't help. I take 20mg of Pariet (only available on prescription).

It sounds as if the meds are playing up your tummy and I would suggest you try omprezole. If that doesn't work consult your GP.

Sharmaine
  • suzster
    i take a stomach protector with my naproxen (anti inflammatory) before i took that indigestion was bad, but since taking the protector with the naproxen it has been kept under control, but the acid seems to be creeping back.
    i'll see what my gp say's!
    sue
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi,
    I'd take it to the GP. Maybe you need a different tummy protector med. Don't do what I did and ignore it. I ended up in hospital having surgery, for a perforated ulcer. Now, I listen to my body a bit more! :oops: Feel better soon, Love Sue :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sue,

I agree totally with Sue, you should go and see your gp. Sometimes the protectors, especially the capsule ones cause the indigestion as well. Omeprazole tends to me. The tablet one is good as it is the capsule that makes the problems with some of the others. Hope it soon gets sored for you Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    suzster wrote:
    i take a stomach protector with my naproxen (anti inflammatory) before i took that indigestion was bad, but since taking the protector with the naproxen it has been kept under control, but the acid seems to be creeping back.
    i'll see what my gp say's!
    sue
    Sue i take lazoprazole 30mg - maybe the does is too low?
    Hope you get it sorted I HATE that!
    Toni x
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Hi

I suffered from heartburn (Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease) which had more in common with the feeling of a heart attack, excruciating pain which would last all night leaving me totally exhausted. Doc prescribed Pantoprazole which is the big brother of Omeprazole and Lansoprazole. Had to take it continuously for two months, it's used to treat ulcers, GERD and helicobacter pylori. It worked a treat and I haven't suffered since thank goodness ( thought I was dying the first time I had it! Don't take milk that's the worst thing you can do. I also can't use anything with mint in it as it seems to aggrevate the condition. Ask your doc for something to protect your stomach like everone else says, it should help with the indigestion.

Take care and you have my sympathy - it's a killer!

B x
  • dopeykit
    dopeykit Member Posts: 107
    Hi Sue

You poor thing! I hate the heartburn - very very annoying. I am an omezaprole fan too - really made a difference for me and knocked the socks of rennie/gaviscon. I like plain natural yoghurt with manuka honey too but I think thats just because it is yummy!

Hope you feel better

kit
    www.cookingwitharthur.com
    Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis
  • o1davidliston
    o1davidliston Member Posts: 13
    suzster wrote:
    i've had terrible indigestion since late last night, nothing has got rid of it!
    i've tried mint tea, i've tried indigestion tablets, i'm about to try some milk, if that doesn't work then has anyone got any ideas?
    i took my meds last night which is when it started, usually a cup of mint tea does the trick, but not today!
    my meds this morning have made it worse, i hate indigestion more than anything!
    sorry moan over!
    sue
    Hi, my GP prescribes Lansoprazole to help with all stomach problems, I also eat live yogurt which is good for digestion.
    Dave