Good news for a change.

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 30. Sep 2009, 17:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
My daughters appt with the rheumatologist is now over and the verdict is not arthritis but prob muscle wasting from her illness,she had glandular fever last year but never really recovered.She said the rheummy was nice,young and well informed(bearing in mind some of the dreadful treatment some of you on this forum experience,which I had pre-warned her about!).She has been told she will need physio and swimming/hydro.The pain she was getting was just her poor wasted muscles.
Well some good news on the forum for a change.Take care all of you and I wish you well...
Tkachev
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tk,

That must be such a relief for you. I hope she can get fully over the glandular thing and rebuild her muscles. Take care Cris x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Good news TK :D
    very pleased for your daughter, hope she recovers soon
    page
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    That's wonderful news tk.

My sister had glandular fever and suffered chronic fatigue and tiredness after that, they sent her for physio too to try and build her muscles up again.

Hopefully they are right and your daughter can go from strength to strength, I bet that has been a massive weight lifted. Give your daughter our love

Eck
    xxx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    That's really great news!! She can look forward now and recover.

Janie :)
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi TK

That's great news, thanks for sharing it does make a nice change to hear something like this. Hope it's not long before she's feeling the benefits of the physio. Bet you feel like celebrating.

Love
    Vonski x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    Its lovely to have some good news, thank you for bothering to let us know. I haven't had glandular fever, but I know its a horrible illness and takes a while to shake off compleatly. They used to call it the kissing disease as its spread by droplets and people tend to get it when they are teenagers! :D I do hope that your daughter soon starts to feel better, but she will need to take things easy for a bit. Love to you both Suexx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Glad the news was ok. Now for the hard work.
    Take it easy at first though,
    best wishes to you both

joy
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    I'm sooooooo please for her.....
    And you as well of course..

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    So glad for you and your daughter. I know when my daughter had glandular fever at the age of 11, she was ill for over a year on and off, and suffered continual headaches and tiredness for even longer. It is such a worry when your children are unwell, but I am so pleased that your daughter will be getting some treatment to make her feel better soon.
    Gillx
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Fantastic news. One less thing to worry about.

Anne