Tin/ can openers

Options
sherry33
sherry33 Member Posts: 25
edited 30. Sep 2009, 16:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, please can anyone recommend a good can opener for dodgy RA fingers and knuckles?!!! Doesn't have to be battery operated or anything just very easy to use and no strain on fingers or knuckles! Thank you all!

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I would think anything that takes the strain of opening cans, electric or battery would be good. My personal hate are ring pull cans, they seem to be everywhere tins of beans, fruit you name it and when I manage to get something and lever the pull thing up, it breaks off and the can opener won't work.... cut fingers, blood everywhere, husband saying 'you should have asked me....!
    whoops, sorry I'm going on again, ranting. :oops: Love Sue :oops:
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    I got mine from ARG*$........does it a treat.........its also got a built in knife sharpener.........and it works.....................

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got one from t j hues with batteries just press button and it does its stuff. easy to use love it
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    i got a kenwood electric tin opener & its brill.
    only have to use 1 finger to push the lever & has the built in knife sharpener too.
    i have oa & both hands are splinted so it does the job for me,next item is the one touch jar opener.oh im so easily pleased :wink: debs
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    i got a kenwood electric tin opener & its brill.
    only have to use 1 finger to push the lever & has the built in knife sharpener too.
    i have oa & both hands are splinted so it does the job for me,next item is the one touch jar opener.oh im so easily pleased :wink: debs

Yer...thats the one I've got........good ain't it.

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    has any1 got the jar opener then,is that as good as it looks. :?:
    i have to wait for some1 to open mine,just impossible.
    debs