methatrixate injection

Options
bevman
bevman Member Posts: 107
edited 30. Sep 2009, 15:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi i am wondering if anybody who is on methatrixate injections my husband has severe RA and the day after he is sore but then the next day he is in absolute agony .I have mentioned this to his rummy nurse and i dont think she believs us she says well i dont no what that is makes him feel as though he is going round the bend.So i thought i would ask on the site if anybody else is having the same problem.
thanks a lot Alison

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do my injection on a Tuesday and the next day is a difficult one I find.

It soon settles down though.
    I think you will have to give it time. You could always ring your Rheumy Consultant and ask if they will do a steroid injection. I had this done 3 times, first time when I started MTX at 10 mg and then again when I went up to 15mg. I am now on 20mg because I seem to be showing signs of arthritis in other joints.
    Again I had a steroid injection to help me whilst I got the MTX into my system.

joy
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alison, I have MXT injections too, sometimes the area that I have injected is really sore for a few days, my gp says that I might have hit a nerve by mistake, the only thing that I can advise is for your hubbie to talk to your gp if his Rheumy nurse won't listen, hope this helps love Jaspercatxx