going back to work

holmesi
holmesi Member Posts: 96
hi peeps ,thinking of going back to work,still in a lot of pain ,2nd atos appointment looming,they wil probaly try ill health retirement ,i know i wont get DLA cos me movements are too good,just the pain of arthur in the spine stops me doing things[dont want to lose me job but there is no lighter duties for me manager has told me this and refuses to move me to another inside office] worried holmesi

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ivor

Aw, I do feel sorry for you. Of course you are worried and do not wish to lose your job and I do hope you will be able to manage. I saw a postie down our road limping along with the heavy mail bag over his shoulder and thought of you. Cris has suggested to me to ask at the pain clinic when I go about Pregabalin. It is good apparently for nerve pain in the spine. Just thought I would throw that in for you as well, in case you think it may help. There are a few side effects ie dizziness is mentioned so driving may be a bit of problem. Not sure if the side effects wear off with time......

I wish I could say something helpful but I do wish you the very best and I hope you will be able to find the energy and inclination to call in to us lot and let us know how you are.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • holmesi
    thanks elna ,i haven't quite decided yet ,bit nervous actually just seen my rehab form,hey ho within seven weeks they want me back on driving full duty in and out of van 50-60 times aday,not good,basically i think i will be looking for another job soon but i will keep popping in to the forum if i can afford the internet,holmesi
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Ivor

I take it your manager is an ogre, putting it politely. :roll: :x I am sure he could find you a job with lighter duties if he wished to do so. When, if you decide to return, are you able to find out about vacancies as soon as they become avaiilable, before they are more widely circulated?

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    feel sorry for u how do they expect we can manage and people are not understanding in the work place. they will want me to work but i say what can i do and they dont know. then is there any jobs about anyway. What sort of work do you do? is it the sort you could work from home or not. and getting referred to a pain clinic is something else u could try. let us know how you are getting on from joanne :)
    Joanne
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    It sounds like a situation that you should not have to indure in the workplace. Could you not have a word with someone in jobcentre? I'm sure that they will know who can help you,

It's such a difficult situation that you are in

good luck

joy
  • holmesi
    hi ya peeps ,went back last monday,4hrs a day for 5 days,should have saturday off but as i go pain clinic on tuesday deemed to have a day off,pain this morning off the scale cant get out of pain ,its really p*****g me off,work today is 5 hrs this week,its just feels like its getting worse ,i was just starting to cope with the pain but now find im going back to square bl***y one.I think i will ask the doc for stronger pain killers,holmesi