What do blood test results mean??

Options
robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
Now I'm on MTX, I'm having blood tests every 2 weeks......
and the results are being put in a little book..............great

Can anyone tell me what the results mean???? and the significance on the numbers???

Rob x
Roba045.gif

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your enquiry to Helplines. The kinds of things the blood tests cover may include:
    liver function
    inflammatory levels (esr/crp)
    white blood count

We are not qualified to interpret the numbers - and the normal ranges vary according to your medical history/age etc so we would advise against a public discussion of the numbers someone else should be aiming for in their treatment, as these vary.

Your rheumatology nurse and consultant can go over your figures and help you understand the aims for your particular treatment regime.

I hope they are able to give you more detail.

If you email your name and address to helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk we can send you some articles on this too.

hope that helps

Guy
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your enquiry to Helplines. The kinds of things the blood tests cover may include:
    liver function
    inflammatory levels (esr/crp)
    white blood count

We are not qualified to interpret the numbers - and the normal ranges vary according to your medical history/age etc so we would advise against a public discussion of the numbers someone else should be aiming for in their treatment, as these vary.

Your rheumatology nurse and consultant can go over your figures and help you understand the aims for your particular treatment regime.

I hope they are able to give you more detail.

If you email your name and address to helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk we can send you some articles on this too.

hope that helps

Guy

Thanks Guy.......for advise and info......

Cheers..............Rob
    Roba045.gif
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Rob,

In the blood book ive got, the indicators for normal, ad-normal levels are in the back so you can check every result...
    Hope this helps

Kay