Im going to my medical next friday any advice?

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 22. Oct 2009, 12:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello there
I am going for my medical on friday anyone got any advice for me im nervous from joanne
Joanne

Comments

• page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    sorry i dont have any advice, but wish you luck.
    page
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    I had a medical for ESA a few weeks ago. It was ok, but I wasn;t worried about it as I don't get any money and I'm 3months pregnant so no one will employ me even if I was feeling well enough to look for work.

I just told the doc how it was, I don;t think I got all my situation across but he wouldn't have noted it as his form on the computer wouldn't let him. I was extremely tired afterwards and in quite a bit of pain as the seat was awful and he made me move my arms round which set my shoulders off.

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    sorry for late reply last time i looked i had no replys. I am going for a medical in regard to my incapacity benefit. thanks for the luck will need it. i have had advice given off other people with out same condition rhoumatoid i know a lot of people absolutly up set over this and have had good news i just hope im the same. I just hope i can put all my things across and dont for get stuff i tried writing my stuff down and i have turned into a book. My hands got tired gave up just have to speak from heart. thanks for replys am going to nurse appointment tomorrow will mention this to her i think as i still am concerned. thanks from joanne :)
    Joanne
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Joanne

If you google advice for Incap medical DIAL have a very good sheet with lots of answers. Hope it goes well.

Love
    Vonski x
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi joanneprice I hope it goes OK can you take someone with you to give you some moral supprt if they ask you to do things state you cant so they dont catch you out tell it like it is and tell them about any notes and recomendationsa bout non activities from gps consultants etc who know yoy better then they do and will they be responsible for your long term well being re. decisions if you are tired and get unwell make sure you tell them and tell them you want this meeting re convened.
  • handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    Options
    I have Recently been for my medical and scoered zero points. the Doctor(i'll use the term loosly) kept on saying he was independent through out the medical. i took all my medication and did a few movements for its was all over in about 30 mins. What i did not know was that you have to tell them what you are like on your worst day.

Get a copy of Arthritis News 144 august/september great article in there. Its helped me for my alpeal
    hope this helps and like I say just tell the truth. its a damn nuisance and resrtricts you whole life..... :lol:
  • lesleygraham
    lesleygraham Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    I have RA and went for a medical last week, 'fortunately' I was having a dreadful day and needed a stick and arm for support to walk. i wore tight leggings so she could visibly see my enormous knees, pulled my jumper sleeves up so she could see my swollen wrists. When asked to walk or stand I constantly looked for support to hold on to. I was only asked to do a few tasks after she asked questions such as 'how do you spend your days' and 'how do you manage housework-(cleaner and good husband). Physical tasks included arms out straight in front of you, bend your wrists, stand on tip toes, touch your knees, feet, shoulders. She went on to say she wouldn't ask me to lie on the bed as she could see I would have great difficulty. I failed all but one task (I could touch my knees). At the end she said that she (a nurse not doctor) only wrote the report and if I didn't get onto incapacity benefit (ESA) she would reccommend I appealed because I had a very strong case, although she said it probably wouldn't come to that.
    Anyway, she was really nice, didn't try and trick me although I would think she would some of the others in the waiting room as they are trying to weed the non-genuine ones out.
    Anyway,Iv'e waffled enough.
    Good luck
    Les
  • suncatcher
    Options
    I was on a bad day today. and yesturday when at hospital ands had a very stiff neck arms and had to have help tkaing coat off. my nurse wrote note for gp to say about neck and to chase up the mri even though had it saturday. I sort of put this note which was for gp in with all medical letters asked for by this medical so the doc there had up todate info and as i was ill at hospital and today it looked better and i hope will help with evidance. the man i had was nice but interruped when i spoke to catch me out repeated questions i answered later on in interviewmedical. It was not too intimidating they did try confuse interrupt take me off guard but he was nice just hope i did ok. I had taxi there back and took me cusions back support ones sat on them on every chair even in taxiwell they wanted all my equipment! and took photos of bath seat toilet seat my taps with easy levers. and had grips on wall.
    They were heavy and a pain to carry my bag had night supports all my meds paperwork everything. I will have to wait and see thamks everyone for your advice and good luck with your appeals and benefit replys fingers crossed i can breath a bit now. joanne :)
    Joanne