Its everywhere

Options
denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
edited 20. Oct 2009, 09:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
My arthur has been really bad just lately I have been having lots of pain now in my knees and ankles as well as both hips and lower back and shoulder, I have been taking 30/500 co-codamol since January and up to now they have relieved my symptoms enough, but over the last few weeks they have not relieved my pain at all. I went to the docs who gave me Tramadol and some anti inflamatories to take alongside the tramadol. When I wake during the night I look to see what time it is to see if its time for my tablets. Then I wake up 1 hour before I am due to get up and take my tablets so that I can move around with a little less pain.
When I think back to the days when I didnt like to take a tablet even for a headache, now I cant get enough of them I am so grateful to get hold of the packet and swollow them.
Sorry for moaning.
Denise

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Denise
    How right you are!!!
    I still don't like 'em, but am so glad they exist aren't you! :wink:
    Glad the tramadol are working for you and really really hope the pain eases off soon.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Denise
    Like em or loathe em, they are a vital part of our lives unfortunately! Mine seem to have stopped working lately, so much so I accidently took double the dose of my tramadol yesterday, not realising I had already taken it, as I was still in so much pain :shock: I am really glad that your GP has now given you something else to help.
    Take care and I hope you get a good night's sleep.
    Gillx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm sorry that you have had so much pain lately, but I do know what you mean about the aches and pains, I seem to have had quite a few in some new places! Maybe its the autumn weather!
    These days I just thank goodness that their is something to take even if they don't take all the pain away. :(

Sometimes I feel that people don't understand that when you have pain in lots of places and the medication only dulls it for a while, it makes life so difficult. I often think that if I only had, say, neck pain, without the other bits I'd manage without complianing. Thats only a silly dream, because I believe it would still feel just as bad. Sorry to go on! :oops: I hope that you will have a better day tomorrow. Lots of love Sue
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    sorry to read that you meds are relieving your pain as it used too, time to back to the gp and get a stronger dose or another type of pain killer, its a fact of life we can't excape so don't figght it hun go with the flow i say.
    get your self forth,and get some new relief.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Denise,

It's awful isn't it when we're clock watching ready for our next dose. You'll know you're getting better when you realise you've missed a dose - hope that happens soon.

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    The Pain Clinic put me on to Tramadol slow release, they last 12 hours, or so they say. I find that I have a lot more control on my pain, the morning one lasts all day till evening and the evening one lasts all night and I sleep much better. I find that I don't get the highs and lows from the tramadol either, just a steady pain relief.
    Hope you can get sorted, Love Sue
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Keep taking the smarties.
    a040.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    sorry to hear of your problems getting your pain under control. I would go back to you GP and ask for a referral to pain clinic and meanwhile some stronger or alternative pain killers. It's not good that you are having such a hard time. GP should be able to help until you get your appointment.
    rita
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Denpen
    It sounds like you should be seeing someone in the pain clinic again. You must be feeling miserable.
    It's not good you are having to take so many Tramadol and perhaps you need something else. I was prescribed tram 50 mg x 4 a day, but only seem to need 3 a day at the most, but was prescrbed Pregabelin which I am on 500 gr a day. Inbetween, if I need any more, then I take high strength paracetamol. Iwas told that these are preferable to co- codomol, which I seem to have abandoned at the moment. Perhaps you need to speak to your dr and Rheumy. It's that time of the year when all the heat pads are needed and they certainly help too. Very comforting.
    Hope you get sorted
    joy
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi Denpan. Sorry to hear all your troubles. I'm new to arthritis. Although i have suffered back pain on and off for 17 years i was only diagnosed this August! I was interested to read about you saying the pain is everwhere, although obviously sorry that you are suffering. My pain is always in my back or bottom since it's the base of my spine that's the problem, but the pain seems to move. Sometimes it's right across my lower back, sometimes it's to one side or the other and sometimes it's right from my shoulder blades down to my bottom! Does this make sense that it moves or am i just wierd :?:

Hope you get your medication sorted soon and things get easier

Carol X
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi guys
    Thanks for all your replies, I have not been at work this weekend and with that and the extra meds I am feeling a little easier in the old bones now. - till the next flare up....
    Denise.x