Being regular on bran!

Options
sharmaine
sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
edited 22. Oct 2009, 14:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks

I was sick of having to rely on laxatives (every day for the past 3 years - Movicol) so decided to try eating more bran. It works a treat - not sure for how long. I made it into a fruit loaf and have a slice with my mid morning coffee or tea. I put 2 bananas in the fruit loaf and only 2 tablespoons of brown sugar; 2 tablespoons of wholemeal flour; 2 eggs; 1 teaspoon of baking powder and zapped it in the microwave for 8 minutes - whizzed it in my food processor. You could add sultanas; orange rind; cinnamon; nutmeg; other fresh fruit ie apples/pineapple/pears/plums.

Sharmaine

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I expect you know this already, but the chemist sells bags of bran for cooking, it looks like saw dust! I have to admit I like All-Bran though.

My o/h who has IBS, has been given some stuff that looks like cat litter to eat. All he can have with it is a glass of water. I find it bad enough to see him eat it, I don't know if I could :? . But he says it works very well and as its tasteless its OK. :( Hes braver than me. :wink: Love Sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Sharmaine
    That sounds fab.
    Going to bring some down to the cafe?
    Honestly though, I need help and shall certainly cook some of these up.

Hope it keeps working, ha ha.

joy
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine
    I cant talk because I am taking movicol now and have always had this problem, but years ago like you I found the solution a spoonful of All Bran on my breakfast EVERY DAY and that does the trick. (come to think of it that would solve this particular problem at the moment).
    Denise.x