Forgeting Medication!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 20. Oct 2009, 08:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, Have you ever wondered how much help you get from your pain killers? I often have wondered, thought about reducing them on good days, all the usual sort of things.

Last night I was quite late and very tired when I went to bed. I looked out my medication and put it down, as usual, on the bedside table and finished getting ready for bed. Then I just crashed into bed and quickly went to sleep. at about 3am I woke feeling awful, every joint seemed to be aching, from my feet to my head! I tried to relax and just drift back to sleep, but I could'nt. Horrible, lying in pain and knowing that everything in my body was wide awake and determined to keep me awake.

Then I had a thought, did I take my pills? I put the reading light on and looked at the table and there were the pills. I didn't take them because it was too close to the morning dose and I would be in an even bigger muddle than usual! :roll: Anyway I took my morning pills quite early and now feel so much better.ahhhhhhhhhh. :oops: I don't think I'll be giving up medication yet! Sorry for such a long story. Love Sue :):wink:

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh yes i've done that before!
    it's awful, i once took my night time ones in the morning by mistake (i have a tablet thing so i make up a weeks worth at a time) i couldn't understand why all day i was fighting to stay awake, even more than usual! it wasn't until i went to take my night time ones that i realised what i'd done, oh dear!lol
    sue
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    This is why I love my pain patch. I only have to change it once a week and if I forget it'd not as if it wears off exactly at 1 week. It takes 3 days to wear off even if I take it off and forget the new one. Sometimes I wonder how we all manage with our medicated brains!! I really think a pill popping party is in order! :lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I've tried to leave of my anti-inflamms on a good day but find that's it's on my mind all the time and then the pain creeps up on me - now whether it's self-inflicted because I'm thinking about it or whether it would have happened anyway - who's to know.

Luv Legs :?
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I had been thinking along the lines of 'do these things really help?" at least its tought me that I do need them and they work! :wink: I'll be more careful tonight and in the future! :)
    Love Sue
  • pammi69
    pammi69 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, I have to do the same, I get up at 3.30 am every morning to take my meds so that I am mobile to go to work- I hate it but I am getting used to it.

If I was to take my meds at night time I dont think they would last me the whole day, my batteries would run out.
    Pammi