Pain clinic appt

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 21. Oct 2009, 07:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
I ahve my pain management clinic appt today . This is a follow up from the summer and to speak about any success I got from my neck spinal injections and to talk about any other available/ suitable treatment????

Comments

• page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    let us know how it goes and good luck
    page
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    HI Chrisov

Hope it goes well for you.

Would be interested to know what happens
    at the clinic.

Love Kath
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Noeltone

Hope this appt works out really positive for you
    Hope youlet us know how you got on

My last appt was just a follow up one with the nurse in the Pain Clinic. 3 mths previously, I was prescribed drugs which didn't suit me, so I didn't take them. I was then told by the nurse that I did the right thing by not taking them. She was pleased to learn that I was trying all the right things to help my pain, passed meon to OT and then signed me off. just like that. Perhaps I know more than the pain clinic does.

joy
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, hope all goes well for you love Jaspercatxx
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all I got on Ok the guy said they would try some procedure of dumming down the nerve endings in the neck spinal area worth a try I think abuone else had this or similar done ?[/quote]
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    glad you have come back feelig positive ..... cabn't help you with the treatment but good luck!!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

Glad they are going to see what else they can do for you there. I had a temporary nerve block done back a long (April I think) and it was very helpful. Its was incredibly intrusive and the pain went there and then. She did a couple of facet jabs and some cortisone into the muscle as well as a couple of trigger points and collectively it was really worth it. Collectively its just needed some trigger point top ups and one more facet jab done since but now its well on the way to wearing off she is booking me in for it again. At some point she will talk to the cryogenic people about making it permanent.

I don't know if this would be the same thing? Its along those lines only instead of dumbing the pain receptors down it took them out for a while. Good luck and I really hope you get as much benefit from it. Cris x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I'm glad that the doctors might be able to help reduce your pain. Good luck with everything,

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Interesting procedure.

Have you looked it up, bet you have. Will beinteresting to see whether it helps. glad you got on ok. It lifts the morale when someone comes up with some action. wel done

joy
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Christov,
    I hope all goes well for you. Don't forget to let us know, I'm REALLY nosey!!! :oops: :D Love Sue
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all the procedure recommended is like Cris says it is a temporary nerve block doing away with some nerves which vanish but will come back and it is done with facet jabs and cortisone injections into the muscle in trigger pts in neck and spine and I am on waiting list but said I will go in if cancellation it will take about 4o minutes day procedure I hope it works for a while at least and fro some it is succesful others not ????
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Hope it all goes well when the time comes.

Love
    Vonski x
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi vonski thanks for thsat and how are you??????
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

I read the screen when I saw my rumo last week and the facets got medrone as well as cortisone and something with numbers I guess that was the denerver? Anyway what I wanted to say is I so hope you have as good effect cus for me it was incredible. I went in with very limited neck movement and came out with so much more and no muscle spasm. The normal facet jabs don't seem to always do a lot, though they do while the local is still working but the denerveing was instant and worked till about 6 weeks ago. I think I said to you before they are talking about making mine permanent? I am going to ask about the denerving implant I saw a guy with in recovery. That was an electrical knock out and involved wires and a box a bit like a pacemaker really.

I am also on the list......... For me it can't be soon enough cus of all the pains I have the neck is the horriblist! Good luck if you go first Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Christov, You can but try! :wink: It would be nice to get a bit of relief, even if it is short lived. Hope all goes well. Love Sue