Xtra help

Options
issymknight
issymknight Member Posts: 99
edited 20. Oct 2009, 06:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
You know what its like we all cope to the best of our ability on a day to day process as we dont know what each day will bring.

What I need help and advice with is the really horrible flare ups. The one where your own medication does 'nt work. You call the MDoc and follow there advice but that dont work so you end up in casualty with extreme pain and discomfort. After explaining the problem to the MDoc, triage nurse, casualty nurse then the doctor on duty you get your wish 6-8 hours later an injection of morphine which miracously(think thats how you spell it.) takes the horrible pain away. Does anyone else have this problem and if so have they any help or advice what to do from the begining of the nasty flare up as my way of MDoc then casualty seems to take forever and i'm in pain much to long for my likening. Dont get me wrong before I got RA i had a pitiful pain threshold but having RA has shown me the difference between what I thought was painful and what truly is real pain. I can manage most of the RA pain just not the nasty flare ups which seem to happen every 2months and last for 3-5days.

Thanks for reading and Looking forward to your help and advice

Issy :?

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, What a bad time you'r having, I'm so sorry. I don't know much about RA as I have OA. I go to the pain clinic, and they concentrate on helping you find things to make the pain easier to bare. I don't know if you go to one, if not it might be worth enquiring from your medical team and seeing if they think it might help you? Just a thought. I hope you soon find something to help you. Love Sue
  • issymknight
    Options
    got to see my rheumy end of month might bring up pain management again last time he didnt think pain clinic would help.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Issy,

Sorry you have had such a bad time of late. I wonder if you talk to your Rumo they may give you some extra help tablets for the times when its bad for you? Mind did with the oa and though it was only a nights worth at a time basically they were there when I needed them. I really hope you don't have this too often and that you also can talk to you rumo easily. Take care Cris
  • issymknight
    Options
    Hi Cris will ask my rhuemmy when I see him next week. Like you said a nights worth is better than the pain. Fingers xd my rhuemmy in a listening mood next Tuesday will let you know

Issy