impossible to call my gp surgery!

Options
suzster
suzster Member Posts: 1,328
edited 20. Oct 2009, 17:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
i've been trying to contact my gp surgery for about 4 days now and it's either closed for lunch or engaged!
i need to book a blood test and my flu jab and it's getting frustrating now!
i know they are busy but surely i should be able to get through somehow?
i'm thinking about trying to speak to the practice manager now because i need blood tests or my mtx will be stopped and also i need to have my flu jab.
does anyone else have problems getting hold of the gp?
i joined the online thing with them but cannot book blood test that way, so pretty pointless.
rant over!
sue

Comments

• c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry Sue, it seems to be this way everywhere now. The only thing I can suggest is that you go in in person to book it. If it has been 4 days of trying to get through then the practice manager really needs to know. Their system might need changing. Another telephone line and part time member of staff during peak times in the mornings might be needed.
  • issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi Sue know what you mean. I have just been told 2months ago that I could no longer have my mtrxate on repeat so like you I have to try and book an appointment as I cant get drugs without doctor checking blood results. My doctor told me I could do this as a telephone app not much good for you if you cant get through. My surgery also has an open surgery till 10.30am so if stuck I would go then. We also have special flu jab surgery on Saturday mornings. If you cant get through then your only option will be to go to the surgery. When you get your appointment speak to doctor who might be able to set up telephone appointment if its every month like me.

Good luck

Issy
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi Sue. I kind of know what you mean as i never get through straight away. Have you used the ring back service? When you call and it's engaged, if you hang on a bit it should give you the option of using ring back. You press '3' when instructed and as soon as the line becomes available it rings you back although the call is still at your cost. That's what i do.

Carol X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Sue
    What a nightmare!
    Have you got through yet?
    Can you get someone to call in for you if not?
    Good luck
    Toni x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    still no joy yet.
    i'm going to go to the surgery tomorrow and ask to see practice manager.
    it is wrong that we can't even get through now.
    sue
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I had a shock this morning, I dialled the prescription number, and got through straight away. It was such a shock, I could hardly remember what I wanted! Its usually at least 10 mins of re-dialing!

Don't blame anyone for complaining, I have to phone my husbands through, as he can't spare the time at work. Hes a diabetic with IBS and a thyroid problem, so he has quite a lot! :shock: :wink:
    Love Sue