Remicade‏ STOPS RA

Options
pammi69
pammi69 Member Posts: 36
edited 20. Oct 2009, 13:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi has anyone heard of Remicade, the new drug that can STOP RA?
Goverment not approving it because it will cost £9000 - £10000 per paitents. How long do you think until this drug is available, it is a disgrace they are not approving it considering how many people have to go through pain every day of their life for the rest of their lives?
Has anyone been involved in the trials?
thanks
Pammi

Comments

• issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pammi my sister sent me a newspaper clipping on it and the lady in question said she has never felt better. I like you feel like once again it comes down to price. If this truly does get rid of the pain element then surely that would make it worth the money. We would no longer be visiting the G.P,hospital etc thus saving the nhs time and money. I'm sure most people on this forum could live with the illness easier if the pain element was eliminated.

Issy
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Like all drugs for RA, it doesn't stop it completely. My understanding is that it works like everything else we have - it prevents joint damage for as long as it can but the disease in indefatiguable. It works for some and not others just like other meds: a forum I frequent with a lot of American members has some people on it. It's worked for some and not for others. Most have to supplement it with MTX or another DMARD.

All that said, it would be nice to have the choice over what meds we get...