Excited!

Options
c4thyg
c4thyg Member Posts: 542
edited 25. Oct 2009, 08:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

I usually post when I'm feeling in need of support so today I'm changing pace a bit and posting some good news. I don't think I focus enough on the good so I'm giving it a try! :D

As some of you know I've had a pretty rubbish year after getting diagnosed with a potentially life threatening blood condition as well as arthur a few years back. It's been hell of a roller-coaster and resulted in me losing my job back in June and becoming essentially unemployable. Well, I've finally done something about it and got my first break. I'm a medical researcher by training (inflammatory diseases, go figure!!! :roll: ) and I desperately miss it. As no one wants to employ someone with such a scary medical history I've decided to freelance instead. I'm working on putting together a website for scientific proofreading/copy editing services as I've done a lot of this over the last 10 years as part of my job. It is desk based, and I'm working from home as many or as few hours as I can manage each week.

Well, just before I plan to go live with my own website I get an email from an agent who I contacted for advice months ago. They want to take me on as a contractor for them! So I would be self employed and able to pick the jobs that I want with them doing all the marketing and legal bits. :) I'm still negotiating things with them at the moment but it has really picked me up and given me the confidence to go ahead full steam with my own business. I found it so hard losing such an important part of my life and now I might get part of it back. I'm so excited that I wanted to share my news. I hope you don't mind. These events seem to be so rare for me now that I feel I have to shout it from the rooftops! :lol:

Comments

• debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cathy, that is excellent news, fantastic!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Deb
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi c4thyg, i'm new here so don't think we've met but that is absolutely fantastice news! I don't know about raising your spirits but you've raised mine just by reading your post. It's so nice to read a good, happy story and i wish you luck in your new found happiness.

Love Carol X
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Good news for you. We should hear about peoples good news as well bad.
    k015.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    congratulations Cathy
    I think you thoroughly deserve it!
    Regards Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Fantastic Cathy :D
    am very pleased for you
    about time something good happend ah
    well done
    page
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Cathy,

That's so good to read. Welldone and good luck. Take care Cris x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Well done you! Your "Get up and go" thinking has certainly paid off.

I`m sure that your positive attitude has helped you get the additional contract. I wish you all the luck in the world Cathy......Ange.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thats really fantastic news! :D To lose your job must have been awful and a big kick in the teeth. As well as coping with your illness, it must have been so depressing for you. Its great that you have had the courage to pick yourself up and put the pieces back together, real positive thought and brave as well. I'm glad you have had this offer, it sounds like the answer to a prayer!

You deserve to do well now, I hope everything goes well for you but I'm sure you'll find the time to keep us posted!

Good luck, love Sue
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Cathy

What great news thanks for sharing it, nothing like a happy ending to cheer us up.

Love
    Vonski x
  • c4thyg
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad a bit a good news was appreciated. Maybe we need a good news section on the forum to help us focus on the good as well.

I've just got my second set of tests through from the agent and on first glance it doesn't look like it'll be a problem. In fact they look easier than the first set I did! After the last set I nearly decided that I wasn't good enough to do this but they called me anyway so I couldn't have been that bad! Although if they saw my typing on here some days they might think twice! :lol: I think the second set are to decide what my area of expertise is likely to be rather than to see if I make the grade as I've already signed the contract with them. That involved unpacking a box to find our scanner!! I really have to work on my timing! I'm moving house in 2 weeks! :)
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Cathy

Great news,
    nice to hear something good happened. :)

Kath
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Well done, you know the old saying "When one door closes, another opens".

Well, go for and good luck. What a lift :lol:

joy
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    a010.gif

Good for you
    Nice to hear your good news, glad to know you are excited about it. Do hope it goes well for you.
    Take care
    Chris
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    that the best news want to do hand stands for u but never could lol. well done
    a045.gif
    val
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Congratulations and well done you. :) I'm delighted for you and hope it all works out well.
  • c4thyg
    Options
    I've just finished the test assignments. They were no worse than the first set but quite a bit longer. At least now I know what a working day feels like again. I think I need a nap! All I can do now is wait and see what they say once they've been through the test. Better not cross my fingers, I need them for typing now!

Thx everyone for your support. It means a lot to me. I had all but lost my confidence this year and then I met you guys! :wink:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    So pleased to read, Cath, that you are now on a turnaround and life is looking good again for you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • c4thyg
    Options
    It's now official, the company have also signed the contracts and I'm now have my first freelance job. :D I need to get a few things installed on my laptop and read the manual on how to use their web interface and I'm ready to go. I'm moving house in 2 weeks as well so lets hope this is a new start for me and my family.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Well done i like to hear good news and this really is good. hope everything works out for you best of luck joanne :D
    Joanne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    great news well done it so good that u managed to get that work u must be thrilled
    val
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    That's great news Cathy. Good luck :D

Carol xxx
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    That's great news Cathy - congratulations! I'm really pleased for you and wish you loads of success! Good luck! Josie x