Strange Night

Options
gickygawky
gickygawky Member Posts: 478
edited 22. Oct 2009, 08:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
I woke up this morning and our bedroom was a mess. All my clothes and shoes from the wardrobe were in piles on the floor, the dressing table had been covered in makeup and hair things and the bathroom was littered with towels. I was also wearing weird clothes I didn't go to sleep in and felt like rubbish.

Hubby had gone to work by the time I woke so I gave him a call and he said I had been up virtually all night sleep walking. He said as soon as he got up and sent be back to bed again I would get up and go on another mission and he ended up giving up trying to sort me out. :oops: :roll:

It's just ridiculous at the moment and I think my Arthur has something to do with it. I have been feeling like I am on the verge of a flare up for a few weeks now and been having really painful nights. I think this rouses me when I am sleeping and sometimes only enough to wake me up a bit which leads to sleep walking (something I do often but not so bad as recently).

I know some of you do sleepwalk on here and was wondering if anyone else find themselves sleepwalking when they are feeling particularly rough???

My GP suggested sedatives but I have so far chosen not to as I get so confused at night anyway, I think they may make things worse and I really don't want to take any more pills unless I absolutely have to.

Arna x :cry:

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, Well, at least you had someone to make sure you didn't go for a walk! Sorry, its no joke and must be quite frightening, also you can't be getting the rest you need, or your husband either.

If it continues to go on, it may be that if your gP gave you a mild sleeping pill/sedative for just a few nights, nothing to get hooked on, it might break the cycle. I'm no medic, but, I used to be a care assistant and that is one of the tricks out GP would use, just to stop a bad sleeping pattern and give you a few nights rest, it can mean that you'r back to normal. No harm to discuss it with your GP, see what he thinks. Hope you both get some rest, love Sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, Well, at least you had someone to make sure you didn't go for a walk! Sorry, its no joke and must be quite frightening, also you can't be getting the rest you need, or your husband either.

If it continues to go on, it may be that if your gP gave you a mild sleeping pill/sedative for just a few nights, nothing to get hooked on, it might break the cycle. I'm no medic, but, I used to be a care assistant and that is one of the tricks out GP would use, just to stop a bad sleeping pattern and give you a few nights rest, it can mean that you'r back to normal. No harm to discuss it with your GP, see what he thinks. Hope you both get some rest, love Sue

This is what my GP use to do for me. He use to prescribe Temazepam. Sometimes I would only need half a tablet, but it was enough to settle me. I think the last lot was last year.
    That was when I was getting bad muscle spasms that kept me awake and I was walking all round th e house.
    I use to sleepwalk a lot as a kid and even up into my late teens. Once or twice when I was married. Now I'm ok better late than never.

joy
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Thanks for your replies x

I think I will go and talk to my GP about taking a couple of nights sedatives just to break the cycle, as you have said. I was thinking that it would be a permanent thing for some reason, which is silly, and that is why I wasn't keen.

God,what I wouldn't do for a decent sleep. I am always up and down with our friend Arthur anyway but with the sleepwalking as well I am becoming a bit of a mess. And to top it of my husband is really suffering from it as well and looks like he has been through a hedge backwards, bless him.

Thanks for helping me out :)

A x