Radio 4 Programme on now ...... Trials for life episode 3

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 22. Oct 2009, 18:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
just had a call from a friend about a prog on radio 4 she was listening to.

it is called 'Trials for life' episode 3 and is following the trials of drugs and other ways to cope with RA. started at 4.30

I think it will be availalbe on BBC iplayer & it has some arthritis Care people on it challenging pain.

thought you might be interested
wonky

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Thanks for that info. I have been in London all day out with a friend but when I arrived home my hubby mentioned this programme as he had been listing to the radio in the car but did not get all the necessary details before he arrived back at work again.

I have just listened to it and it was most interesting so many thanks again.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I've just listened to it on the computer, its quite interesting, and concentrates more on RA, but a lot of the treatments, like relaxation, are things that would be of use to anyone in pain or stress. Its teaching self help techniques. Professor Scott, from the Norfolk & Norwich, gives a talk about RA and I go the N&N and was under his team, but I've never seen him for treatment, although he did give a talk at a group I went to once. Worth a listen. Love Sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I agree Sue, well worth a listen. I, like you have OA but it is a good listen, whatever type of arthritis you may have.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    sorry should have mentioned it was about RA ..... my excuse was i was listening at the same time as typing! :lol::lol::lol:

I notie they have put a link on teh AC home page now