Sore Feet

mercury
mercury Member Posts: 8
Hi, I developed R.A about 3 years ago. I think it was caught in the early stages. I'm on MTX, Diclofenac and Hydrochloroquin.

I like to run. Next April, I'm running the Virgin London Marathon.

My R.A attacks mainly my feet and fingers.

The balls of my feet are pretty sore. Almost like a bruise pain. I would like to know what could be recommended to ease the pain for the 5 hours that it would take me to run the Marathon.

The pain wont stop me from running it, its mainly a distraction, and I'm unable to focus on my running.

Any runners out there with the same problem?
I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks for reading my topic.

Comments

• debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mercury wrote:
    Hi, I developed R.A about 3 years ago. I think it was caught in the early stages. I'm on MTX, Diclofenac and Hydrochloroquin.

I like to run. Next April, I'm running the Virgin London Marathon.

My R.A attacks mainly my feet and fingers.

The balls of my feet are pretty sore. Almost like a bruise pain. I would like to know what could be recommended to ease the pain for the 5 hours that it would take me to run the Marathon.

The pain wont stop me from running it, its mainly a distraction, and I'm unable to focus on my running.

Any runners out there with the same problem?
    I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks for reading my topic.

hi mercury I don't run but have arther in my feet, well all over really.
    I went to the podiatry clinic and they pxed me some innersoles which have taking the pressure of my big toe joints thus reducing the amount of inflammation and so reducing the pain the inner soles fit into any shoe he also advised my to get a rocking type trainer rather than a bending type.
    hope this helps.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mercury,

None of us on Helplines are keen runners I'm afraid. This is the kind of invite for comments that might get a better response on the Living with arthritis forum.

Strictly speaking running is classified as 'high impact' exercise so may have some risks as far as joint protection goes. You may want to see from the physios / occupational therapists what they recommend to minimise these. They should certainly have some guidance for the training phase I'd imagine.

Hope that gives you some ideas for where to go for professional guidance.

Guy