ESA medical

Options
joseyanna
joseyanna Member Posts: 22
edited 22. Oct 2009, 12:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, I've just attended my medical on Monday which I felt was a disaster! A few weeks before I was given a steroid injection into my bum which has worked wonders but unfortunately usually doesn't last long until it wears off. I have previously had 2 before, the last one at Christmas and they lasted only a couple of weeks. I have been on hydroxycloriquinine, (can't spell it), since about Jan which worked but not enough! So my Rhumy thought he'd give me another injection to see if it was inflamatory based before putting me on methotrexate. I tried to explain this to the doctor who didn't want to know. I could do all the movements, I would of been able to do them anyway when I am really bad but it would hurt alot. There were no questions about pain and I kept stressing that when I am bad I am so tired I have to rest. He just didn't want to know. I told him my eyes got blurry, so he asked me to do his eye test and told me my eyes were better than his. They won't be when my injection wears off though! At the end I was in tears and told him that from the questions he asked he wouldn't have the slightest idea about my condition. Ta Josey

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Joseyanna
    That is awful for you.That is the problem with these ESA medicals.They do not take into consideration the way this condition changes.I suppose he thinks if you benefit so well from the steriod injection then you can keep having them but we know that is not allowed.If you get a job you will be required to attend day after day not just the rare times you get a steriod injection.
    You feel they dont believe you and you are putting it on.You will probably get a letter soon telling you you are fit for work but dont take it personally it is the inflexability of the medicals that is at fault.
    Take care Tk
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Josey
    Oh dear :(:(:(
    That sounds really rubbish :(
    I guess this is what is happening at the moment. It is SO unfair and i wish i had the answer. These medicals should be done by people who KNOW medical stuff - not the ones they've got doing them.
    I think they have been set up to catch the scroungers and get them back to work....not honest poorly people :(
    You never know but when you get the results do you know if you have a right to appeal?
    Toni x