Hiya

florrie
florrie Member Posts: 5
edited 3. Nov 2009, 08:01 in Say Hello Archive
I've already posted on the working life forum, but thought I should introduce myself properly!

Born with displaced hips in the dark ages, I developed OA in my 20's and had both hips replaced in my early 30's. The leap from constant pain and immobility to feeling normal again was wonderful (I'd recommend it to anyone!)

20 years later due to various pressures on my other joints, at 53 I now have advanced OA in knees, shoulders and spine, and the old hips are wearing out - so I'm looking at early retirement after 30 years in Local Government.

It's a really stressful time at the moment, and I'm feeling very alone trying to battle with Occupational Health despite constant pain and barely being able to walk!

I'm hoping to find some fellow strugglers !
Love Florrie........

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Florrie

Welcome to the forum, we all try to help each other on here and you will certainly find fellow strugglers, some more than others. You have no need to feel alone anymore now that you have found us lot. :D I am sorry to hear you are going through a stressful time at the moment, very understandable, you have one heck of a lot going on at this time for you.

I hope you will stay and I look forward to seeing you posting more.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Hiya Florrie.......

We're a band of brothers (and sisters) who do 'strugglers' very............
    Very please to meet you..........join in see how we 'pull' together.....

Good days or bad..........we're always here...
    We'll share them with you..

Rob xx
    Roba045.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Florrie :)

Welcome from me too. Sorry you had to find us and that you are having a hard time at the moment. I have found this a really helpful, supportive (and fun :lol: ) site. Hope you are feeling a bit better today, you are not alone here.
    take care
    Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hello Florie

Another welcome to you. I have RA and OA, see if you .We know the pain.
    We are a mad lot, as you will find out. Visit the Chit Chat site. That's the fun site where we do crazy things.

I just say another, welcome to this Forum and hope you enjoy it.

love trisher xx :)
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Just popping by to say Hi :D

Carol xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Florrie
    Just a quick welcome from me! You are not alone any more there are loads of us in similar postions to yourself so the support is here is you need it.
    Toni x