Date through to go in hospital

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 28. Oct 2009, 15:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have had a lot happen today.
Firstly I had a phone call asking me to attend for a CT scan and 3D construction next Thursday.
Then I received a very detailed copy of a letter to the surgeon who did my THR from my new consultant who is assessing my other hip, explaining all his findings about my hip dysplasia and the proposed sugery to `correct` it.
And I received a letter giving me a date to go in to hospital for a manipulation under GA and injection into my hip.
I go in on Friday 13th November, yes thats Friday 13th!!!! :shock:
Things are moving quickly !! Eeeeek!!
NB

Comments

• ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lots to take in there NB but it all sounds very positive. Did you ask your Dr to copy a letter to you? Were they happy to do that? I ask because I'm starting to do that too just so I can know more. Don't be worrying about Friday 13th, it's lucky for some of us, I was born on that day so it must be ok. :lol:
    I wish you all the luck in the world.
    rita
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Rita
    Thanks for your words. I didn`t ask him to copy me in , he offered. It was good to have it in writing, as it is difficult to remember everything which is said at the appointments.
    I am not really worried about Friday the 13th, my son was induced on that day, although he arrived early on the 14th!! So good things do come from Friday 13th, as you can prove too!! :D
    NB
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hiya NB
    Wow your getting things done really quickly now arn't you and wow getting a letter re: the appointment with the consultant that has got to be a first.
    Good luck with it all. and Friday the 13th is a ok date I passed my driving test on a friday 13th October .... (but I wont tell you how long ago that was. ha ha.
    Take care
    Denise
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    ritwren wrote:
    Lots to take in there NB but it all sounds very positive. Did you ask your Dr to copy a letter to you? Were they happy to do that? I ask because I'm starting to do that too just so I can know more. Don't be worrying about Friday 13th, it's lucky for some of us, I was born on that day so it must be ok. :lol:
    I wish you all the luck in the world.
    rita
    my son born friday 13th blue eyes and black hair just after damian had been on lol very lucky for me he great lad
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Its good that things are moving for you. Your new consultant is really on the ball! Its good to get things moving without too much of a wait, though. Who cares about dates, lets hope its your lucky day! :D Lots of love Sue
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    hi
    Thanks for your comments. I can`t believe how quickly things are moving, especially when last year things seemed to be on a go slow when I was waiting to see someone about my other hip.
    I hope his efficiency continues and is a sign of his good surgery. My hip has been giving me jip this week, and my back. Maybe due to the exercise at hydro?? So it will be good to find out what can be done to improve things, if a bit scary! Its a big op, but if I can get through a THR I`m sure I will cope again.
    (Wow I`m in a positive mood tonight!! that may change tomorrow :roll: )
    Have a good weekend all xx
    NB
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    My daughter was born on Monday,13th January 1969
    and my son was born on Friday the 13th November 1970.

I was born 26th July. 13 + 13 = 26.

My grandson Paul was also born on 13th January 2008

Jude just missed 13th November, he was born 9th November, pity
    My grand daughter was born on 31st May. Wrong way round, never mind.

I passed my driving test on the 13th March, 44 or 45 years ago. there was lots of snow around I can remember.

Anyway, lots and lots of luck for the 13th. All good thing happen on the 13th according to my book. You will be fine.

Joy
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi NB, blimey, they dont hang about at your hospital, do they! Maybe , I shouldve gone there for my THR, wouldve been done sooner :shock: Glad things are moving quickly for you, and like you said, if you can have a THR you can do it! Wouldnt worry about the date, youll be asleep for most of it :wink: Keep us all updated with your progress, best wishes jk
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Nearly,

Sorry I missed his post :oops: , I have been a bit swamped of late.

Hey good luck and that was quick. Some people think the 13th is lucky you know....... 13th Oct wasn't for me in some ways but was in others :roll:

Is he going to be able to correct it in one go or do you have to have further manipulation? You may have said somewhere so sorry if I have asked something you already have answered. I really hope it can be done in one go and you take care and it will be fine. Cris x
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi NB!
    All superstition is nothing to worry about. Derren Brown did an excellent show about why it is rubbish. It has been lucky for you cos some silly people cancelled when they got that date so you get helped sooner!!
    Thinking of you
    Pennie x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I passed my driving test on the 13th March, 44 or 45 years ago. there was lots of snow around I can remember.

Hi would that be March 1963 ,when I was born,46 years ago.It was snowing then.
    Tkachev

Joy[/quote]
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Nearly,

Sorry I missed his post :oops: , I have been a bit swamped of late.

Hey good luck and that was quick. Some people think the 13th is lucky you know....... 13th Oct wasn't for me in some ways but was in others :roll:

Is he going to be able to correct it in one go or do you have to have further manipulation? You may have said somewhere so sorry if I have asked something you already have answered. I really hope it can be done in one go and you take care and it will be fine. Cris x

Hi Cris
    Don`t worry about missing the post, I`m sure you have plenty to keep you busy of your own!
    The manipulation is just part of the assessment process, to see if I am a good candidate for the Ganz periacetabular osteotomy (PAO)
    Hope you are ok xx
    NB
  • collettem
    collettem Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi

There, Just wanted to say that's great news. Glad its moving quickly hope it goes well and will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Collette