News about my mobility car

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 25. Oct 2009, 08:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, after a long search and a few problems, I have found my ideal car, it has been ordered today and is a Skoda Fabia, in a wine colour, they will even help me auction my Octavia, it is an automatic which will be different for me love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Jasp, that's great news.

I changed to an automatic 2 years ago and it was one of the best things I've done. Even my hubby intends to get an automatic next time and I never thought that he could be converted. It doesn't only save your left foot (which was why I got one) but it's also much easier on your arms as you don't have to keep changing gears. All I need now are the heated seats to keep my hips from stiffening on long journeys. :)
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    hi jasper
    my mum in law has that car, it is a great car, ive been trying to get her to sell it to me (at a discount price of course) for about a year.
    it is very surprising how much you can fit into the boot too.
    happy driving :D
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad you've ordered your new car, thats something to look forward to! My niece is disabled, and can sadly no longer drive, but she had an automatic for a good few years and she found it very much easier to drive. When she changed from an ordinary care to an automatic, she found it so much easier to drive! As my wrists are now quite weak, I wonder if it may come to that for me, but I don't drive far, as its to hard to sit, so I'm OK at the moment!

I hope you are feeling a bit better now and resting more, letting the others take some strain off you. I'm sure your husband would rather that than have you really ill. Take lots of care and let as many people help as offer. They do like to help, mostly, I know if I offer to do something, I feel much better if the person lets me help. So its not just for you, its a 2 way thing, if that makes sense. Lots of love Sue.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi, after a long search and a few problems, I have found my ideal car, it has been ordered today and is a Skoda Fabia, in a wine colour, they will even help me auction my Octavia, it is an automatic which will be different for me love Jaspercatxx

What colour wine?
    k035.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi Joseph, it is a red wine colour but a bit deeper, more like a maroon colour, very happy with everything so can't wait until it arrives love Jaspercatxx
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi Sue, feeling a little better today, ankle still very swollen but it dosen't hurt as much, on my own most of the day tomorrow so will be fending for myself, a good day for being on the laptop and putting my feet up love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Jasper, Just take care and have a nice peaceful day!
    Lots of love Sue
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Hi good to hear you've found a car to suit you - it makes life so much easier, doesn't it? I switched to an automatic too a couple of years ago (not through motability) and it is a lot easier. I was worried I'd forget how to drive a manual but I drive my dads sometimes and I haven't. Enjoy it!!! Vroom vroom!! :lol: