owwww- arthur is moving around, anyone else?

Options
dopeykit
dopeykit Member Posts: 107
edited 24. Oct 2009, 20:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello

I have started to get random pain around and just under my heels - my arthur is bouncing all around my body at the moment. In the last four weeks i think I have done wrists, elbow, knees, right shoulder, chest and now my feet (which has prompted me to my buy some super new winter fitflop boots which I will test and report back on).

Anyone else got wandering arthur at the mo?...wish mine would wonder off somewhere else!

kit
www.cookingwitharthur.com
Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi I have OA in my neck and spine and also in quite a few joints. I find that sometimes one area is worse than another ie neck, or hands. Have you had a blood test? You may have a form or arthritis that needs treatment to keep it in check. If you have't discussed this with the doctor, I think its something worth going back for. Love Sue
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, mine arthur is really wandering too, hands, wrists, shoulders, toes and ankles, not sure whether it is the damp weather or not, just wish it would go away, no such luck love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi,

I have a heriditary form of OA, which the GP has confirmed is in my hands, knees and spine. Quite often my toes, shoulders, elbows, hips and sometime ankles seem to decide they'd like to get in on the aching act too. I'm not sure if it's because the OA is in them, too, or because having probems with some joints tends to put pressure on others, because of uneven posture, for example.

Cold and damp weather certainly seem to make things worse.

As Woodbon says, probably best to get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Naomi
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Kit,

I had a herd of buffalos trample over me in the night but am fine now I'm on the move again.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dopeykit
    dopeykit Member Posts: 107
    Options
    hello all

Ouch linda sounds painful - I think mine is more like a load of mutant, marauding little mice with nasty little teeth!

My orthopod is sending me back to the rheumy as he's not to sure about mice....

The damp definately makes it worse. Still extra hour in bed for us all tomorrow - yay

kit
    www.cookingwitharthur.com
    Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    dopeykit wrote:
    Hello

I have started to get random pain around and just under my heels - my arthur is bouncing all around my body at the moment. In the last four weeks i think I have done wrists, elbow, knees, right shoulder, chest and now my feet (which has prompted me to my buy some super new winter fitflop boots which I will test and report back on).

Anyone else got wandering arthur at the mo?...wish mine would wonder off somewhere else!

kit

mine was born under a wandering star and feels as if it is taken to wandering again. Unfortunately (or fortunately) weather does not appear to affect this urge of arthur.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Kit

Wandering Arthur is now in my toes - I can't believe that even those digits get swollen and sore. I have it in knee; right shoulder and hands - I don't particular want it anywhere else. It's a bloomin nuisance!

Sharmaine
    dopeykit wrote:
    Hello

kit
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I have the wandering variety as well. It seems to move from joint to joint (usually the next one like from my toes to ankle to knees etc) and it happens several times throughout the day. I wonder if it's because I change my posture to ease the pain in one place and end up putting more stress and another part, so the pain moves around?

I do however have the more loyal joints as well that are always painful no matter what!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    yep after a good week it is back my hip hurt earlyer now it my right shoulder and middle finger right hand (could be from hitting spider on head with shoe banged finger as well lol) so feeling fed up and in pain
    val