horrible day

Options
debbierose
debbierose Member Posts: 403
edited 24. Oct 2009, 16:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm furious, I've waited months for today to come around, I was invited to attend a course that is very interesting, I got up early enough, showered dress nicely and off I went, no sign of arther until I got there.

introductions over and then the pain started in my legs from the hip down. my shoulder to the elbow on my right arm. and in the back of my neck. and in my head just above my right eye. I managed a hour and a half before having to leave the course and go home.
I slept for most of the afternoon and feel alittle better to night.

I'm going mad with myself as is oh, "weekend again" he mummbled as he went to bed at 9.00pm. the only thing that has worried me is the news that my sister was taking to york hospital yesterday with breathing problems and is still in waiting for a scan to see if she has blood clots.
Whats the point. cant stick to plans cant make plans can't enjoy weekends as I'm always laid up or in such pain that i can't enjoy any thing. can't fit into any of my lovely clothes because of the weight gain, I feel as sick as a chip.

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your day. It is worse when we've really looked forward to something and made a special effort to be there. Mind you, if we don't make the effort sometime then we miss out on the good days - so don't stop making plans!!

Mind you, I sometimes think that making the effort is the tiring bit ..... and I can never get comfy on chairs in meeting rooms and that makes everything tense up ..... not sure what the answer is ...... wish I did! would rather find the answer than win the lottery at the mo ... and that's saying something!
  • debbierose
    Options
    thank you for your reply, glad some one else is up I,ve been up till the early hours most of this week. I think I might be worrying about trisher. shes so down at the min.

I wish I had a different illness I hate this one, it has messed my life up. I think my oh is abit sick too, which is unusual for him. hes bond to be I suppose he's living life as a monk bless him. Hope that's not too much information. any way going for a cuppa then trying bed hope for a better day tomorrow.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    So sorry you have had such a bad day Debbie. The worry about your sister may not have helped, even though you were looking forward to the course. I do hope your sis gets her scan soon and that you both have a better day tomorrow. I am sure it was so disappointing you felt too unwell to stay, but you did your best and made a real effort to get there. Do take care.
    Chris
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Debbie

It sounds as though you've had one of those days when everything has gone wrong and it has made you fed up in general. It was a shame about your course, and it is very frustrating when you have been looking forward to something. I hope your pain is not so bad now.

Tomorrow is another day, as they say, and I hope you will enjoy the weekend despite everything.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    don't forget ... just because today was a bad day doesn't mean that tomorrow has to be a bad day too!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hi Debbie.
    I hope you feel better today.
    and i hope you've had good news about your sister.
    love to dexter. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • debbierose
    Options
    hi lovelies
    I'm confined by hubby to the sickie sofa.
    not great this morning but brighter this afternoon.
    thank you for your concern, it does make you feel better when people check in on you. things become out of perspective when your not well. I' didn't mean to be uurrh with hubby. and he does care so much. to be honest I'm not sure sure I would be able to offer the same support to him if the shoe was on the other foot.
    glad the weather hasn't being great as its being easier to stay indoors. Dexter went out with john this morning. and enjoyed himself.
    isn't it nice to have rehab posting again, he must be a very funny guy. I wonder what he looks like.?
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Debbie

Sorry you're feeling so bad. I hate any meetings and things like that because I know I cannot get comfortable. You only need the wrong chair, tilt your neck to one side, whatevery and you are away.

Glad you got to have a good sleep. I tend to fight it too much and even though I know I should rest, keep putting it off.
    Hope the rest of your weekend goes ok. Your oh sounds lovely making you have a settee day

joy