Tired and in pain

Options
carol101
carol101 Member Posts: 584
edited 24. Oct 2009, 14:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well it's 3.30 am and i still haven't gone to bed yet. Thursday i had a really good day pain wise but tonight/this morning arthur wants to come to bed with me! My back is really aching and i can't take anymore meds yet. Am sitting at computer with hot water bottle on my back. I'm so tired now but know i won't be able to settle and will have to get hubby to pull me out of bed in the morning. When i'm in pain, i just can't get from laying down to sitting up.

Payback for having 1 good day :!:

g035.gif

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chris, you got sleeping probs too? I've not long started a med for osteoporosis and it's giving me an upset tum at night. It's maddening!

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    OOPS - sorry Carol, called you Chris by mistake! That's what these late hours do to me.

Annie
  • carol101
    Options
    That's just what you need isn't it.....an upset tum. My meds make me sleep, but when i don't want to! And i get depressed at times which can be a side effect although i know it can also go with arthur despite the meds.

Normally i'm quite happy for a man to keep me awake but i wish arthur would just go nite nites :x
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I think a lot of us get that, being awake when we shouldn't and sleeping when we shouldn't.
    It's really depressing being awake in the middle of the night.
    Think I might get my hottie ready again and try going back to bed in a minute.

Annie
  • carol101
    Options
    Hope you sleep well
    f030.gif

I think i'm going to give up and go downstairs and do some crochet

h015.gif

d025.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Hi Chris, you got sleeping probs too? I've not long started a med for osteoporosis and it's giving me an upset tum at night. It's maddening!

Annie
    see the doc they can give u tabs to help
    val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    carol hope u got some sleep u poor thing we have all been there and the nights can be so long ((((hug))))
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I hope you are able to get some rest this weekend. I know how draining it can be when you can't sleep. I find that my bedtime pills helped me but then I'd wake around 4am and not get comfortable enough to go to sleep. The pain clinic gave me tramadol slow release, and they last for around 12 hours, I also was already on amatriptylne, which also help get off to sleep.

Have you discussed this with your gP? He may be able to suggest something to help. I find a memory foam pillow and mattress topper very good, too. Its a question of trail and error and finding what works for you. :wink: Good Luck! Love Sue
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    hope you got some rest hun, I'm always around early hours so if you want to chat just shout up. I had a horrible day yesterday the worst I've had in a long time. I think the excitment of going to my course, and the news that my sister was taking into york hospital. Oh around today so I'm confined to the sickie sofa. so even my furious with arther.
    any way I hope you got some rest
    Debbie and Dexter Doodle.
  • carol101
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies f020.gif

I finally got to bed around 7am this morning. I have got a new bed and the matress has a memory foam topper all joined in. I didn't wake till 5.15 this afternoon! What a brilliant weekend.....not a025.gif

I am due to see my Dr in 6weeks time for my weigh in. He had never mentioned a pain clinic, i didn't know they existed untill finding you guys! I need to discuss the meds with him as they do make me really sleepy but i'm not sleeping when i'm supposed to. Also i have some real bad bouts of depression although today i'm ok in that respect. It just seems to be affecting my whole life at the moment but i'm sure i'm not the 1st one and i know i won't be the last

Carol X
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have never heard of pain clinics either before coming on here. I Still dont know what they are really.
    I am on the up and up after a new medication and a new hip so they ignore me nowadays.But I dont really mind as I make room for the less well and newly diagnosed.However I still wake up a dozen times a night from pain and cant get comfy for long,have to constantly shift side to side .But if feels like yesterday when I didnt get any decent sleep so I know where you are coming from.
    Best wishes
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein