Scrambled eggs

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 24. Oct 2009, 08:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
For the past few weeks I have eaten scrambled eggs on toast for my breakfast before taking my MTX dose(methotrexate).I have noticed my usual sickness has significantly reduced.
I was going to wait a few more weeks before putting this on the forum but what the hell.....
I know we are all different but it seemed to have helped me,although I suppose I could be clutching at straws.I am going to continue doing this and hope it continues to help.
Best wishes Tkachev
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I don't take that drug, because I have OA, but if it works for you thats great and sharing it gives others a chance to try it out. It may just be eating something digestable that is helping. So if others don't like eggs (like me), something else will help them. I hope it contues to help you! :D And its certainly something that others may want to give a try. Love Sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi TK! :D

That is brilliant that the scrambled eggs on toast before taking metho helps you regarding the sickness. Always good to pass on tips like that to others . If you don't try you won't know, that is my motto :wink::) Long may this last for you. It must be such a relief to know that you have found something so tasty that seems to work.

Hope your weekend goes well,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • daisychain
    daisychain Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to say that I used to east scrambled eggs before my methotrexate and found that I was not sick at all.

I know it is important to take mtx with or after food ( never on an empty stomach) whether the eggs are a particular help I don't know.

tkachev wrote:
    For the past few weeks I have eaten scrambled eggs on toast for my breakfast before taking my MTX dose(methotrexate).I have noticed my usual sickness has significantly reduced.
    I was going to wait a few more weeks before putting this on the forum but what the hell.....
    I know we are all different but it seemed to have helped me,although I suppose I could be clutching at straws.I am going to continue doing this and hope it continues to help.
    Best wishes Tkachev