Christmas

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 25. Oct 2009, 13:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now for all your moans and groans about Christmas, but would love to hear about some of your loveliest ones. I enjoyed last Christmas because I took my 3 grandson to see Father Christmas at Thursfields in Norfolk. It is a brilliant show for children and the effect is so like Disney.
This year I think it will be a visit to our local Wicksteed Park, not so expensive, especially as Paul the youngest is old enough to understand it now. So yes, with 6 grandchildren, Christmas is a testing time because they are into such expensive presents, Ninento DS and Wii, my son is into Playstation 3 and he is 40.
And now that I have retired, the money doesn't go as far as that.

I've always wanted to have a real family christmas when we all get together, but it just doesn't happen anymore. I wonder why?
joy

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love christmas.I want to see my 5 children,but I have to share 2 of them with their dad and/or partners.I spoil them all at christmas although this year I have decided no playstation games,wii games,DS games or PSP games because they cause so many arguements and anger problems(my son cannot lose!)
    Ideally I would like to visit my 3 brothers/sister as family means so much to me now we are getting older and I have been ill.I was so unwell with R.A I couldnt visit them for many years and missed them.
    For me christmas will be about family.
    Take care Tkachev.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Whoops sorry Rehab.
    Just think of stockings,that will help.
    :lol: Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi,

I might not be popular but I agree with Rehab, it is far too early to start about christmas, I am not a humbug but by the time it gets here it is an anti-climax love Jaspercatxx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi,

I might not be popular but I agree with Rehab, it is far too early to start about christmas, I am not a humbug but by the time it gets here it is an anti-climax love Jaspercatxx

Oh come on, it's time to put the sprouts on

joy
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Christmas decorations are preferable in the shops than Halloween stuff. I can't take my 3 year old anywhere at the moment. If she sees one of those figures they have in the store she'll just scream and the tears keep running. She's terrified and doesn't understand yet. I'll be glad once they're all gone and the Christmas ones are there in their place.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    the build up to christmas is lovely and i like to get my shopping out of the way before it gets to buisy and i want to hit some one over the head. as for the best christmas hard to tell as they all r special in there own way. when the tree is up and carols on the cd player nothing can beat it every thing looks so nice and even the customers smile cant be bad
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi,

I just love Christmas, all the lights and the spirit does still live in some places still.

The best? Back a long walking off Christmas dinner on the beach with my Grandparents and the sand was covered in 18inches of snow. That was the best for me anyway, though it was some cold :lol::lol:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Although it PAINS me to say it, I agree with Rehab.

Nx :-)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Although it PAINS me to say it, I agree with Rehab.

Nx :-)
    wash your mouth out agree with rehab tut tut what is the world coming to lol :D:D:D:D
    val